Video Stuttering- Nvidia

@bogdancovaciu megavolt already had me add those to my mkinitcpio.conf file, however I hadn’t run the update-grub command. Unfortunately it didn’t help. I’ve also tried unplugging my other 2 monitors also with no luck :frowning:

@TheReaperUK Yes, you’re correct. 3 screens at those resolutions, (2 @ 1080 and 1 @ 1200 all at the same refresh rate 60Hz) I unplugged 2 of them and just ran 1 1080 monitor but the issue is still apparent

@winnie unfortunately, yes the issue is still there when using ffplay

@megavolt I did a short recording of my screen which shows the issue - well at least I think it does, hard for me to tell lol

Couldn’t find a way to upload it here on the forum so I popped it on Proton Drive: https://drive.proton.me/urls/NEENYZXXN8#QQkZ6CvMsv5o

Please let me know if the link doesn’t work…

My next step is probably going to be as omano suggested and remove all video drivers and start fresh.

ok well I see. The screen freezes every 2 sec… hm… I guess it is a gnome extension which updates the screen somehow and result here in glitches. Probably the temp monitor:

grafik

When I run it in slow motion, then the glitch appears exactly when the numbers change there.

2 Likes

@megavolt wow, now I feel stupid. I’d disabled all extensions early on but the issue was still happening, I just disabled Freon (which is the monitoring extension I use) but was still seeing the glitching, however after a reboot everything is now working great.

Thank you so much for you’re help with this, sorry for wasting your time with something so simple!
Thanks also to everyone else who tried to assist me with this issue, I greatly appreciate the effort you all put in to help me. Such a great community!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.