Various issues encountered during update

Did the update yesterday and checked pacman.log afterwards. Ran into the pacman-contrib issue but fixed it like advised. Also came across the permission warnings for /var/log/audit/ and /usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d/.

Besides these I also got a file permission warning for onlyoffice which hasn’t been discussed here yet.

… [ALPM] warning: directory permissions differ on /opt/onlyoffice/ filesystem: 775 package: 755

Is this something I have to worry about? It seems the filesystem grants more permission than the package requires.

1 Like

I think this was already the case some updates ago. You can just edit the permissions.

I think this was the case for every1 but I can’t tell you if it’s worrisome.

Open /var/log/pacman.conf and CTRL+F “pacnew”. This will tell you how many pacnews there were. I don’t know if you can recreate them.
But if you search your root folder for “.pacnew” you will find the ones that pacdiff hasn’t dealt with, hence you should look into them. If you don’t know what to do with specific ones you can always search the forum or ask.

Ok, we might be on the wrong track with pacnews as the root of the problem.
For me this sounds like some (newly-unsupported) Gnome extension broke your Desktop. Using any?

Could you post a screenshot and one of the settings of Icons-Only Task Manager?
Do you use any third-party widget on that Activity?

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right way, but I did a simple

sudo chmod 0755 /opt/onlyoffice

and hope this is sufficient. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That should be fine. :slight_smile: I just wonder if it was a simple mistake by the package maintainers?

1 Like

Sorry it is in German but i hope it helps. As you can see the app launcher with the Manjaro logo is there. on its right side there is the app bar which should show open apps but it is empty although dolphin, gimp and Firefox are open. Settings should be default … i did not change anything.

Seems you changed loads in Appearance settings.
Ich denke es liegt an deiner Fensterdekoration.

Versuch mal, in Window Decorations (Breeze), Colors (eines der Breath), Plasma Style (Breath) und Application Style (Breeze) alles auf (Default) zu setten (unten Anwenden klicken nicht vergessen immer) und dann 2 mal zu rebooten und einzuloggen.

Wenn das nicht hilft, geh’ zu Global Theme und setze sie auf Breath und wieder 2x Reboot und login.

Try to remove and re-add “Fensterleiste mit nur Symbolen”. Du kannst es auch direkt auf das Desktop setzen, anstatt in die Leiste (Rechtklick auf Desktop und da “+ Widgets(auf Dt. Miniprogramme?) hinzufügen”) und schauen, ob es da funktioniert. Viel Glück :slight_smile:

Remove and readd the widget did not help … i wanted to reset the decorations but now i have two entries with “window decorations” and if i click on any the KDE settingsapp will crash and close O_o:
KDE_settings

EDIT: Error log:

░▒▓    ~  systemsettings                                                                                                                                                                                   ✔  21:19:46  ▓▒░
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/ScrollablePage.qml:200:9: QML MouseArea: Binding loop detected for property "width"
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/ScrollablePage.qml:200:9: QML MouseArea: Binding loop detected for property "width"
QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_lookandfeel/contents/ui/main.qml:93:9: QML StackView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitHeight"
qml: The item SubCategoryPage_QMLTYPE_74(0x55e209159720) is already in the PageRow
kf.coreaddons: "Could not load plugin from deepin-kcm_kwindecoration: Die dynamische Bibliothek konnte nicht gefunden werden."
kf.kirigami: Units.devicePixelRatio is deprecated (since 5.86): This returns 1 when using Qt HiDPI scaling.
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/InlineMessage.qml:265:13: QML SelectableLabel: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"
qml: The item SubCategoryPage_QMLTYPE_74(0x55e209159720) is already in the PageRow
kf.coreaddons: KPluginFactory could not create a KDecoration2::DecorationThemeProvider instance from "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/org.kde.kdecoration2/deepin_chameleon.so"
kf.coreaddons: KPluginFactory could not create a KDecoration2::DecorationThemeProvider instance from "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/org.kde.kdecoration2/breezedecoration.so"
kf.coreaddons: KPluginFactory could not create a KDecoration2::DecorationThemeProvider instance from "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/org.kde.kdecoration2/oxygendecoration.so"
ChameleonButton 29 windowId:  0
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (nullptr)::compositingToggled(bool) to ChameleonButton::onCompositorChanged(bool)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (nullptr)::clientAreaUpdate() to ChameleonButton::onClientAreaUpdate()
chameleon: The AbstractClient corresponding to chameleon is nullptr
[1]    16984 segmentation fault (core dumped)  systemsettings

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

Geht was, wenn du Globales Erscheiningsbild zurücksetzt und neustartetest?

Does something work if you reset Global Appearance and restart?

Moderator edit: This is primarily an English forum. Added English translation via Deepl.

I removed any deepin packages i could find (i wanted to try that out months ago but did not use it anymore) and now i can open window decorations again and i do not have that entry doubled. But even if i reset “Globales Erscheinungsbild” the “Fensterleiste nur mit symbolen” keeps beeing empty.

I will try to restart … perhaps some settings take affect only after that.

EDIT:
OK resetting global appearance and restarting did do the trick … i now see my tasks now again
Fensterleiste_gefuellt

I have set my preferred window decorations again and i still see my tasks.

EDIT2: I think the deepin packages were the reason for it being messed up. Uninstalling them and reboot did fix it i think.

1 Like

Heres the yearly or so warning to anyone reading …
Deepin is buggy. It arguably is on Deepin itself … but that should be the only way you use it.
Its a mishmash of different libraries that are patched, and really cant be hoped to provide a ‘good’ experience without explicit tailoring … which you will only really find at the deepin distro itself, if it can be had at all.
Cheers.