Using laptop keybord shows shutdown popup asus

I’ve just bought a new laptop: Asus ROG Strix SCAR 15 G533QS-HF009T and I installed manjaro on it

The problem is that every time I press any key on the laptop keyboard, the shut-down dialog/pop-up appears.

I can use a USB keyboard so the problem is with the laptop keyboard
I had the same problem during the install session (manjaro live). For the moment, I have just installed the nvidia drivers without noticing any change for the keyboard problem.

I have a dual boot with Windows 10 and I don’t have this problem with Windows so I don’t think it’s a hardware problem. Maybe key shortcuts ? I use Manjaro XFCE but I had Linux Mint (with cinnamon) on this pc (I removed it for other reason) and I had the same issue. So I don’t think the problem comes from the window manager

Do you have any idea about what I could do?

I found !

If other people have the same issue. I had the kernel 5.10. I installed the kernel 5.11 and the issue disappears !! =D

1 Like

With new/recent hardware it is often, if not always, preferable to have latest kernel, because hardware drivers are in the kernel. As Linux often lags behind when it comes to hardware support, It sometimes takes time to have full proper support for recently released hardware, and new features/support is added in latest kernels usually.

I’m using the latest kernel (5.12) and it still happens (at least to me).
Sometimes I see a message telling me that I enabled sticky keys. It is strange because it is always turned off. I have a slightly different laptop model (Asus ROG Strix SCAR 15 G533QR-HF009T).

It is very random. It is like Linux decides it has enough of my keyboard and decides to make it stop typing.
Sometimes I can “fix” it by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 or F2 or something.