Can't make LaTeX work consistently on my new Manjaro laptop

I have installed LaTeX like I’ve always done, installing a few big texlive packages ans sometime adding a few missing packages.
However, I can’t even compile a simple document from the CLI, and the LaTeX Workshop of VSCodium returns errors (the error is this one:
…and here’s what the logs say:

Output written on main.pdf (1 page, 13884 bytes).
SyncTeX written on main.synctex.gz.
Transcript written on main.log.
Latexmk: If appropriate, the -f option can be used to get latexmk
  to try to force complete processing.
Latexmk: Getting log file 'main.log'
Latexmk: Examining 'main.fls'
Latexmk: Examining 'main.log'
Latexmk: References changed.
Latexmk: Log file says output to 'main.pdf'
Latexmk: Errors, so I did not complete making targets
Collected error summary (may duplicate other messages):
  pdflatex: Command for 'pdflatex' gave return code 1
      Refer to 'main.log' and/or above output for details

(there is more but the rest didn’t seem relevant).
Does anyone know how to fix this?

What exactly did you install?

You are most likely missing a package (note: this will list only repo packages).

pamac search --repos texlive

Did you?

The problem is solved now.

I had installed texlivve-latex, texlive-latexrecommended, texlive-latexextra and latexmk.

As you said, I was missing some packages (though I’m still not sure which ones were missing).

Yes, I did, but honestly it didn’t really help me ^^’

Solution: I installed more and more packages (mostly texlive-) until the error went away… And that worked eventually. The packages I installed in addition to the ones cited at the top of this comment were:

texlive-basic texlive-latex texlive-latexrecommended texlive-latexextra texlive-fontsrecommended texlive-fontsextra texlive-xetex texlive-luatex texlive-bibextra texlive-mathscience biber texlive-latexindent-meta latex-mk

I know it’s by far one of the dumbest way to solve my problem, but I do have a lot of space on my disk so I used the lazy way… Hopefully this could help someone in the future!

Thanks all for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.