Upgrading after a while: Invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)

BTW I have that ugly situation directly after flashing my internal pbpro mmc with the latest and greatest Gnome image version!

Update @lectrode:

command: pacman -S firefox

result:`resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Packages (2) mailcap-2.1.53-1 firefox-108.0.1-1

Total Installed Size: 204,69 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(2/2) checking keys in keyring [######################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity [######################] 100%
error: mailcap: signature from “Arch Linux ARM Build System builder@archlinuxarm.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/mailcap-2.1.53-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
`

Version of image is #…gnome-pbpro-22.12…"

Update of update!
You won’t believe but it’s true: only minutes after writing the above update I - just for fun - tested updating /installing via pamac, and guess what: suddenly everything worked fine as if no problem existed before. Complete update with 145 packages, restart and installing new/additional packages.
I really confirm I did not change or do anything else! I simply do not understand what is happening here.

please post the output of the commands, including any warnings or error messages. what is the version of the image you installed?
(fyi: you can edit existing posts to avoid double-posting)

@yutayu did you try the solution mentioned above? what was the version number on the install media?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.