Updates Icon Resolution Bug

Hi.

Small but constantly in my face is the updater icon in the System Tray. It’s got blurry / pixelated edges and it’s an eyesore 100% of the time. If I hide it, I also don’t get ANY visual notification of updates in the visual system state.

Would be nice to have cleaned up, probably a 5 minute fix.

Cheers.

What flavor of Manjaro are you running? Your profile states “Other OS”. Where should we look to reproduce this?

Well, when you’ve got 5 minutes to spare, let us know how it goes. :wink:

Probably a 5 minute fix for people with the environment installed, familiar with the repo, where the icon is located, and able to load up Inkscape to export an SVG or whatever vector graphic format you prefer.

My distro doesn’t matter. You will be able to reproduce it if it is a legitimate bug, and if it is not, then you can ignore my post.

I will say this: that you forced me to add an OS and then used your login system as an OSINT tool against me is, frankly, discourteous. It reminded me of Microsoft.

You do you. Thanks for the good work.

EDIT: The bigger issue might be that the icon does not display whatsoever (KDE) if you set it to only show when relevant. I think you may have a bug in the relevancy code. Good luck.

Probably you have no idea how long it takes or what is involved. Otherwise you would have fixed it already. Right?

It only matters if you’re using Manjaro and would like the issue fixed that you’re reporting.

I might take you up on that offer, depending on the quality of your further discourse. :wink:

No I didn’t. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Filling out the profile is optional.

What the flying frittering rutabagas? It’s a Discourse forum. They’re all about the same.

Finally! That’s what I was asking. Was it that hard?

First of all, have you fully updated?

sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

If you’re already up to date, have you rebooted?

If you rolled your eyes at the last two because you already did, then you know why I’m asking, I’m sure.

Do you have pamac-tray-appindicator or pamac-tray-icon-plasma installed? One is installed, perhaps try the other.

1 Like

Hello,

From what i’m reading you most likely used an outdated KDE ISO.

Have you checked this?

As far as I know, Plasma changed something in how it loads tray icons lately (in 5.19), which some GTK tray icons does not handle well. Setting a small sleep timer in front (loading it after a little while) works.