Updated Kernel now cant access/mount LAN drives

It’s no different to configuring SMB/CIFS in Manjaro. Though for backups I would look into borg

https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

I already use borg and vorta,. This is why i find it so comical that they would say its for the users security, as all my backups are fully encrypted via borg.

I appreciate the help i really do, im just exasperated by this news :frowning: They removed something so important and did not replace it with anything.

Do you have to use sec=ntlm? It looks like sec=ntlmssp is the default but there are other options, see

1 Like

Not a clue mate, i was instructed to use this line years ago and iv never tried to change it as i dont know anything about it.

//192.168.2.1/volume(sda1) /run/media/greg/NAS cifs user,nofail,vers=1.0,credentials=/home/greg/.smbcredentials,uid=1000,gid=1001,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

I can try whatever you suggest but you’ll need to show me what to do. I can just change ntlm to ntlmssp and just see if it works but i doubt it, must be more to it.

I shall try it.

Err, how do i get it to “reread” the fstab without needing to relog or reboot i cant remember?

EDIT:- is it mount -a ?

That was it! That was all i had to do

//192.168.2.1/volume(sda1) on /run/media/greg/NAS type cifs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,vers=1.0,sec=ntlmssp,cache=strict,username=jackdinn,uid=1000,noforceuid,gid=1001,noforcegid,addr=192.168.2.1,iocharset=utf8,soft,unix,serverino,mapposix,acl,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,bsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,user)

Kernel: 5.15.19-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64

Thank you, Thank you very much :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.