Update wierd size to be downloaded

Total Download Size: 2659.36 MiB
Total Installed Size: 8233.78 MiB Net
Upgrade Size: 117.90 MiB
started my update today with pacman Syu and is it normal or there is something wrong ? it looks that there is a lot of work to do or im missig something ? thanks

The way I understand this is:

• you are downloading compressed packages:

• when uncompressed (to install them), these will take up more space:

Total Installed Size: 8233.78 MiB Net

• this will amount to a little bit more total space used on your filesystem than before
    (because the new packages are slightly bigger than the old ones)

Upgrade Size: 117.90 MiB

I’m not very used to Manjaro / didn’t pay much attention to the download sizes of the previous updates
but it seems to be just quite a large update.

I see nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

yes i agree with you , but it was just a daily update for manjaro from commad line , usually used to check if there something new cause my system is always update and thats kinda weird for that all size if you are already up to date every day and week !

Eh … Gnome Stable was reporting over 300mb in additional weight from upgrade :wink:
~100 is maybe a little large … but it all depends what packages you use.

1 Like

With Manjaro,
when you use the stable version,
you do not usually get daily updates - they come in bigger chunks every few weeks.

1 Like

okey thanks , just i want to make sure that it wont disturb my system or something like that

Read the latest announcement thread for known issues and possible problems other users might have had while/after updating:

Download or install or net updgrade sizes can’t tell you anything regarding “possible distrubances” besides it’s maybe more probable when there are more packages to be updated.

2 Likes