Update requests for packages imported from Arch Linux

You can check the status of Manjaro packages here:

You’ll see supertuxkart is present in the unstable branch.

Please see here for how the branches work:

1 Like

Any plans (ETA) to update Netbeans package from 12.0 to 12.1 ?

That’s directly taken from arch and 12.1 hasn’t reached unstable yet - so I’d say no.
It’s been flagged out of date on arch: Arch Linux - netbeans 12.0_u1-1 (any)

1 Like

Ok, thks for the info.

Hello,

Please update the SIGNAL desktop app as it is no longer able to get linked to phones without update to current version. Flatpak and Snap versions are updated but not the Official one. I had to install the Flatpak but so many people on the net are speaking against Flatpaks so I am not sure…

Signal updates very frequently like in 1-2 weeks…

signal-desktop
maintainer: kpcyrd@archlinux.org

Thank you!

caprine
maintainer: Nicola Squartini <tensor5@gmail.com>

That’s an arch package, Arch Linux - caprine 2.48.0-1 (any).
It’s flagged out-of-date since 2020-09-17.

KiCad has a new release that updates to 5.1.7 as of September 30th. I use KiCad frequently, and I’d love to have the bug fixes that come with this release when someone has the chance to update the package. I created a forum account for this message, and it looks like I’m too new to post links. Plain text URL included below (remove the spaces). Thanks!

https:// kicad-pcb .org/blog/2020/09/KiCad-5.1.7-Release/

Edit: bad formatting

KiCad is from Arch, and it’s been flagged out of date in Arch.

code (aka vscode) is outdated. manjaro states ‘code-1.49.1-1’ to be up to date whereas archlinux’ package-site reports ‘1.50.1-1’

1.50.1-1 is currently in the testing branch.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Linux-docs package for Manjaro

Please update zfs-utils from the archzfs repo.

Currently the initcpio hook script is outdated and I cannot boot my root on zfs when ecryption is enablend. Replacing it with the version from the archzfs repo it works right away.

I’ve updated it to build -2 in unstable.
Please test it and give me a feedback.

Wow that was fast!

It works. Thank you very much!

Vivaldi is in Arch [community] repo now, and is likely to be removed from AUR soon. It would be nice if it can be added to Manjaro repo. :innocent:

It already is in the Manjaro repos, currently only unstable:

It will be along to other branches soon™:

1 Like

There will be an awkward period where Vivaldi won’t be available anywhere though. If there is many requests for Vivaldi, perhaps the team could consider pushing it into other branches earlier.

1 Like

[Edit: Thank you to Yochanan for moving my post here]

The matrix-synapse package is much further ahead on Arch at this point, and it just came up in the Synapse support channel that someone was unable to join a room because of their homeserver being too out of date. It’d be really cool if this package could be brought up to 1.21.2-1 or 1.22.1-1 (from 1.11.0-1). Cheers!

matrix-synapse 1.21.2-1 is in all branches. Are you up to date?