Update requests for packages imported from Arch Linux

arch hasn’t updated it yet: it’s flagged out of date there. when they do, it will propogate to manjaro (unstable branch first)

https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/netbeans/

1 Like

Please check before posting

@Yochanan thunderbird should be updated to 102.0
as it’s usually fast tracked sometimes before arch.

Arch repository has Thunderbird 91.10.0-1 (same version as Manjaro branches) flagged out-of-date on 2022-06-28 Arch Linux - thunderbird 91.10.0-1 (x86_64)

When Arch decides to update it, it will be updated. They may decide to update to 91.11.0 first.

A previous team member used to do things like that. It is not done any longer.

REMINDER: Please read the first post before replying. If it’s obvious you did not are are requesting an update for an Ach package that is already flagged out of date, your post may be deleted without notice.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Signatures from some Arch packages are marginal trust

6 posts were split to a new topic: Superslicer crashes with “Memory access error (memory dump written)”

Hi,
The musescore package didnt make it to the stable branch yet.
There’s a pretty critical bug that is fixed in the arch repo. Any reason it can’t be synced to the manjaro repo?

Thanks!

Latest version is available on Manjaro unstable branch — musescore - Packages | manjaro

Switching Branches - Manjaro

Hi,
Thank you for letting me know.
I think there is a good reason for packaging it for the stable branch - a “Release” build flag is missing in the version that is in the Manjaro stable branch. It cause unexpected crashes in the app. There is no change to dependencies.

Regards,
Jonathan

We don’t normally fast track packages unless there are security updates. We will also fast track static binaries or architecture agnostic packages that do not have ELF files. See Manjaro Features

If we fast tracked musescore to stable, then we would also logically have to fast track every other package that has a bug fix. That is unreasonable and unrealistic. Manjaro has three branches for a reason.

Think of each branch as a separate version of Manjaro. Each has their own versions of packages along with their linked dependency versions. Often a package in unstable cannot be pushed to stable because it was built against newer libraries.

You can also build 3.6.2-7 yourself if you wish:

sudo pacman -Syu --needed base-devel
mkdir -p musescore && cd musescore
wget https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-community/blob/11253398b5efd17c768ecf6dd73830b41585c0a8/trunk/PKGBUILD
makepkg -srcif

You’re in luck, there is a new stable update containing an updated package:

Latest version of musescore is also available as an appimage, flatpak and snap package
Download | MuseScore

great!
I’m use to how easy arch repos are to maintain software up to date that i really avoid appimages and I also didn’t try flatpack ever.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Element-desktop depends on electron19, witch is not available on manjaro yet

I noticed that the yt-dlp package in the community repo is outdated. The latest version is 2022.08.19, and that version comes with a very important fix that makes downloading YouTube videos work again. Because of this, I had to use sudo pip install --upgrade yt-dlp to get the latest version myself. Is there any way for you guys to repackage it with that version since it’s packaged by the Arch team?

Arch just updated it to 2022.08.19-1. It’s now synced to unstable and pushed to testing.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the fast response! Keep up the good work!

A post was split to a new topic: Linux-drm-tip from AUR

Looks like calibre has received an update to 6.5.0 id consider it a minor update but it adds support for new firmware on kobo e readers at least