Update manjaro system

Hello
When I want to update my system with the command (sudo pacman -Syyu), I get the following error command. Please tell me what should I do?
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
dunst: / usr / bin / dunstify exists in filesystem (owned by dunstify)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

1 Like
sudo pacman -Syyu --overwrite=/usr/bin/dunstify

If it doesn’t work, remove dunstify first, then upgrade and then reinstall dunstify.

4 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Excuse me, I have another question:
I have been installing Manjaro Linux on my system for about two months and I heard that it needs to be updated quickly. A month ago, I updated my system and it encountered many problems. Now I am all worried that if I will not update it will crash and I am also afraid that if I update, it will get mixed up and break down again
Please tell me how often is the best time to update the system and what is the best way to update the system?

Manjaro is a (curated) rolling-release distribution. You are expected to update your system whenever updates are issued, because you may run into difficulties otherwise.

Every update comes with an announcement thread under the #announcements:stable-updates category. Subscribe to notifications for that category and you’ll never miss an update. The second post of each announcement thread also always points out things to watch out for, as well as expected problems, along with how to deal with them.

For instance, there’s a “gotcha” situation in this last update with regard to PAM, but the second post on the thread tells you how to deal with it and what to look for. :wink:

You should update on a regular basis, like every week but before you do check this forum if there are any known issues so you know what to do if something goes wrong.

I myself update using TTY with sudo pacman -Syyu

Also check if your kernel is still supported.

1 Like

Thank you all for the good and valuable answers

1 Like

Here’s the second post of today’s update announcement thread. :wink:

:arrow_down:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.