Update: "invalid or corrupted package"

update
wayland

#22

Skip pacman -Syyu and move on to the next step. Then go back and do pacman -Syyu


#23

The last command also fails

sudo pacman -U https://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/manjaro/packages/stable/extra/x86_64/kw
ayland-5.55.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz:
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
warning: could not fully load metadata for package kwayland-5.54.0-1
error: failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupted package)

#24

OK, let’s recreate the base packaging metadata using dummy files:

sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/pacman/local/kwayland-5.54.0-1
sudo touch /var/lib/pacman/local/kwayland-5.54.0-1/{desc,files,mtree}

then force reinstall the package:

sudo pacman -U https://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/manjaro/packages/stable/extra/x86_64/kwayland-5.55.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz --overwrite etc/* usr/*

#25

Yeah, it didn’t work as well:

sudo pacman -U https://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/manjaro/packages/stable/extra/x86_64/kwayland-5.55.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz --overwrite=etc/* --overwrite=usr/*
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
warning: could not fully load metadata for package kwayland-5.54.0-1
error: failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupted package)

The only thing I changed was the option overwrite syntax, which wasn’t correct.


#26

OK, so the other approach is to remove kwayland entirely from the metadata:

sudo rm -fr /var/lib/pacman/local/kwayland-5.54.0-1
sudo pacman -U https://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/manjaro/packages/stable/extra/x86_64/kwayland-5.55.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

with whatever --overwrite syntax you’d like to use.


#27

Jonathon, thanks to you, I was able to successfully update my whole system now, due to your last instruction.

So, mainly for future inquiries, if I got this right, a package metadata lives in the path /var/lib/pacman/local/<package-version>/<files>, and mine were corrupted for the kwayland package, so the approach which got me to successfully being able to update the package was manually removing the metadata entirely from the root of the package metadata, and then download and install a specific version of it, which is up to date to the stable channel.

Please, anybody correct me if I’m wrong.

Once again, I’m grateful for the support jonathon.