Update error - unsure of update cycles/consequences

could not satisfy dependencies:

• unable to satisfy dependency ‘nvidia-450xx-utils=450.80.02’ required by linux57-nvidia-450xx
  • unable to satisfy dependency ‘nvidia-450xx-utils=450.80.02’ required by linux58-nvidia-450xx

on:

Any ideas? Repos not updated?

Hello,

Before you try to change drivers, make sure you update your system. Also be sure on what branch you are.
The 5.8.11-1 kernel is quite behind, meaning you didn’t update in some time.
If
sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu
fails, then please check this

I’ve been having the same thing happen, i’ve gotten firefox, kernels and nvidia driver updates when there’s a testing update even though i’m on stable and there hasn’t been a stable update in a week+

$ sudo pacman -Syuu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "nvidia-450xx-utils=450.80.02", a dependency of "linux54-nvidia-450xx"
warning: cannot resolve "nvidia-450xx-utils=450.80.02", a dependency of "linux58-nvidia-450xx"
:: The following packages cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      linux54-nvidia-450xx  linux58-nvidia-450xx

:: Do you want to skip the above packages for this upgrade? [y/N] y
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (16) amd-ucode-20201005.r1732.58d41d0-1  linux-firmware-20201005.r1732.58d41d0-1  linux54-5.4.72-1  linux54-headers-5.4.72-1
              linux58-5.8.16-2  linux58-headers-5.8.16-2  manjaro-release-20.1.2-1  mhwd-db-0.6.5-4  mhwd-nvidia-450xx-450.80.02-1
              mhwd-nvidia-455xx-455.28-2  pamac-cli-9.5.12-1  pamac-common-9.5.12-1  pamac-flatpak-plugin-9.5.12-1  pamac-gtk-9.5.12-1
              pamac-snap-plugin-9.5.12-1  pamac-tray-appindicator-9.5.12-1

Total Download Size:   315.81 MiB
Total Installed Size:  960.19 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        0.95 MiB
$ pacman-mirrors -G
stable

posted about it here before i saw the topic split
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/testing-update-2020-10-19-kernels-alsa-haskell-pamac-calamares/32680/27?u=cdmnky

but i know i’m definitely on stable branch and i’ve been getting this error due to some packages from the testing update being updated on stable as well

See above.

@Manjaro-Team - i had something else to do, not sure what is going on. Are there any updates pushed to stable ?
Thanks !

1 Like

It seems updates have been pushed to stable without doing a full snap?

1 Like

I installed this OS a few days ago and am getting this problem upon my very first upgrade.

1 Like

At least linux58-nvidia-450xx 450.80.02-3 has been pushed to stable. And of course it depends on other package that hasn’t been pushed to stable.

I’m pretty sure I’m on stable and I got this update and dependency error too. I don’t think this thread title is correct. It’s not about being unsure. The issue is that the stable is getting testing updates, which doesn’t work properly.

1 Like

Sounds correct. I’m on stable as well.

The fix has been pushed to stable now. Just wait a while for your mirror to update before running the update.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for taking care of this @Chrysostomus

Not quite the same … less packages.

Sometimes this can happen. Hopefully this will not trigger a bad vibe :slight_smile:
All should be fine.

1 Like

Hi! It looks like the linux-nvidia packages were updated but not its nvidia-xxx-utils counterparts, causing unresolvable dependencies.

warning: cannot resolve "nvidia-450xx-utils=450.80.02", a dependency of "linux54-nvidia-450xx"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
  linux54-nvidia-450xx

I see the updates on the gitlab, so they should have been included in the update (/nvidia-450xx-utils/-/commit/c279e9aee38ed027fec56a1763c7591ba8d66c80). Last packager was @nightmare-2021.

Did you make sure to refresh your mirrors and force refresh your database and try the update again? I’m maybe mistaken but from the Branch Compare website it seems to be OK to me.

Yep, refreshed my db and still the same issue. In fact, nvidia-450xx-utils is not on the list of upgraded packages, and this seems to be a widespread issue (/t/dependency-of-nvidia/32713/5).

I don’t know then Manjaro - Branch Compare what should I look for? To me it’s OK, all on 450.80.02.

1 Like

Same issue with nvidia dependencies here. By the way, I’m on Stable branch, but received update notification a minute go, so I guess the update is going from testing to Stable?

Why do you report Stable branch issues in the Testing branch thread then? Is the issue with Nvidia in this update on Testing branch?

1 Like

Because I just received this update (which is marked as Testing at the moment) as Stable update. It’s not the first time forum information is a bit out-of-date regarding updates (for example, Testing update is released as Stable update and is available to all users, but such information is posted to forums just a day later or so).

Because this is the only update today… So please point me to where I should post this instead.

By the way, your branch compare link (very useful) shows exactly the issue we’re talking about for the Stable branch.