Update 05-29 - icu - Cannot Satisfy Dependencies

Checked for updates, from the errors list, it seems that the prudent thing would be to wait for the applications stopping the update, themselves to be updated with icu (75.1-1)
Is this the right course of action?

could not satisfy dependencies:
- installing icu (75.1-1) breaks dependency 'libicuuc.so=74-64' required by harfbuzz-icu
- if possible, remove harfbuzz-icu and retry
- removing lib32-systemd breaks dependency 'lib32-systemd' required by lib32-dbus
- removing lib32-systemd breaks dependency 'libsystemd.so=0-32' required by lib32-dbus
- removing lib32-ncurses breaks dependency 'lib32-ncurses' required by lib32-llvm-libs
- removing manjaro-settings-manager breaks dependency 'manjaro-settings-manager' required by manjaro-settings-manager-kcm
- installing icu (75.1-1) breaks dependency 'libicui18n.so=74-64' required by thunderbird
- if possible, remove thunderbird and retry

You have multiple unsupported packages.

Does not exist

Is in the AUR and likely should not be installed.

EDIT - This was some kind of mistake. lib32-dbus does exist in the repos.

Otherwise … how about your mirrors?

pacman-mirrors --continent && sudo pacman -Syu

I just ran into this update - and it threw an error for icu

I refreshed my mirror list:
sudo pacman-mirrors -c Germany

and ran the update again:
sudo pacman -Syyu

it went through

Do you have some AUR package installed which is now interfering?

What about these two suggestions?:

Were you trying to do a full update or only updating some packages?

I saw errors like these while trying to update only some applications (Chromium, Firefox, Qbittorrent, Thunderbird, etc). Instead, making a full update finished with no errors.

Yes, updating is not a race. You can (and should) check the status of your mirror at
https://repo.manjaro.org/

A quick glance shows that about half of them have not yet fully synchronized.

Partial upgrades are unsupported and roughly equal to broken.

2 Likes

Thanks!
I removed the following:
All lib32 packages
manjaro-settings-manager-kcm
And per your advice updated my mirrors:
sudo pacman-mirrors --continent && sudo pacman -Syu

Then ran sudo pacman -Syu
And 447 or 400 some packages were updated.

Top of the morning to you

I did not suggest to remove, ex lib32-systemd or lib32-llvm-libs.
Though multilib packages may largely be seen as optional.

I did not install these packages. I have very very recently re-installed Manjaro after a rather long trip in the land of distro hopping. These packages were installed from this iso “manjaro-kde-24.0-240513-linux69.iso”. I have no need for multilib packages.
Hopefully lib32-systemd or lib32-llvm-libs, will not come and bite me in the future.

lib32-systemd wasnt in your way at all.

You had a few other problem packages.

manjaro-settings-manager-kcm is a deprecated package you should not have.

But you also had nonsensical output like

Because there should be no issue with thunderbird and the current icu, and your shouldnt be removing manjaro-settings-manager` at all.

Which is why my text pointed out some of the unsupported packages and suggested you resort your mirrors.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.