Unwanted entries in boot-menu

There is a new entry named Manjaro Linux on /dev/nvmenp2 and Advanced options for /dev/nvme0n1p2.
This option appeared after I recovered an older snapshot from timeshift.
Is there a way to get rid of these? Also the snapshots

One more issue:
Each snapshot created from time shift has versions corresponding to kernel 6.1, kernel 6.2, kernel 6.3 and I don’t need all of these. Just versions corresponding to kernel 6.3 would suffice. So how do I get rid of the remaining ones?

I am not able to put links or images in post… But I hope the issue is clear!

Can you show us if you are still in writable snapshot?
$ cat /proc/cmdline

➜  ~ cat /proc/cmdline
BOOT_IMAGE=/@/boot/vmlinuz-6.3-x86_64 root=UUID=6c4457fa-2ec0-4599-be58-2101eeaa3059 rw rootflags=subvol=@ quiet splash resume=UUID=3f42e4eb-e917-4262-bae5-2cb228727f6f udev.log_priority=3 ibt=off

It looks ok.

Uninstall Kernel 6.2. and 6.1. Then you can just delete old snapshots in Timeshift if they have 3 kernels.

Okayy… I thought there could be some way to just delete kernel 6.2, 6.1 versions from the snapshots and keep the 6.3 versioned ones

Yes possible if snapshots are writeable and allow you to delete the old kernels. But that makes you a lot of work to manually check and uninstall the old Kernels correctly via pacman in each snapshot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.