[Unstable Update] March 2024 Edition

Ah, so you are secretly lurking around? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone else seeing an issue on pamac getting stuck on synchronizing package databases?

:mag: in this topic: :wink:

Anyone create an upstream issue with more details yet? That will help @guinux fix it when he has time.

If you don’t yet have Manjaro GitLab account, you’ll see a red banner at the top with instructions.

1 Like

Thanks!

Hm thanks, helped me to get it lined up with p10k again, some prompt elements were partly some piexels too high and low. 5.27.11 however here.
Default however should be Hack which now again shows the graphs’ dots /2x2 pixels I tk/ correct in btop++ :grinning:

Hi,
for me there are problems with fuse mount with kernel 6.8
If i try to mount an encrypted veracrypt-file i get the following error:

fuse: mount failed: Das Gerät oder die Ressource ist belegt

This problem is only present if i boot using kernel 6.8 while booting with kernel 6.6 or 6.7 mounting works without any problem.

1 Like

I have a question about pamac. Since the app is from Manjaro, its updates at earliest come on testing branch. When using unstable branch, some issues can happen? Right?

Since few days, pamac can’t do any operations on Manjaro repos (works for AUR packages thou), it simply freezes at the end of the sync, making the lock file that I have to remove it manually. I assume, this is because I have some newer packages in system and pamac wasn’t compiled against them, hence the issue.

Tried to get some output in terminal, but nothing there.

You read before posting, riiiight? :wink: :point_up:

We now have a relevant libpamac issue. Thanks to whoever created it:

1 Like

As stated before it works here so not sure its a bug or perhaps a configuration problem.

If it happens on more machines, something is not right. Thanks @Yochanan, I totally missed those posts above.

I switched from testing branch to unstable and pamac segfault on database sync for me too.

sudo pamac update -a                                                                               ✔ 
Warning: Building packages as dynamic user
Warning: Setting build directory to /var/cache/pamac
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
zsh: segmentation fault  sudo pamac update -a

1 Like

You should not use sudo with pamac.

3 Likes

If you have NTFS partitions/drives don’t use kernel 6.8, it will fail to mount them at boot, and can even corrupt your saved data.

Remember LO scaling issue on Plasma 6? It’s back, because the next update of LO uses vcl:kf6 or something like that.

You are right. Without sudo there is no segfault, but it still freezes like on GUI version:

pamac update -a
Preparing...
Database synchronization...
Refreshing core.db...                                                                                        
Refreshing extra.db...                                                                                       
Refreshing multilib.db...                                                                                    
Refreshing DEB_Arch_Extra.db...

And it stays there forever. When forcefully quit, database lock needs to be removed manually.

Did you try without AUR? And using the deb_extra third party repo is unsupported.

AUR packages install actually works. The additional repo is just for one package. It has nothing to do with the issue, because there are many users reporting the same kind of behavior, and none of them have this specific repo. Just check the comments above. It is already reported, so now we just need to wait for the fix:

1 Like

Your wireplumber LUA configuration files may no longer work, after update to 0.5.0-1:

EDIT 1: The third Trackmania 2020 sub-item
EDIT 2: LibreOffice scaling issue

I tested Plasma 6 with KaOS as soon as it jumped to RC (Jan 31st I think) and last week I re-installed it as Manjaro KDE and started using unstable. It’s a few-years-old Lenovo E495 with a Ryzen CPU+iGPU, no issues there as expected.

A few days ago I (made a full backup and) kicked my workstation (AMD CPU+GPU) into unstable too, and everything went better than expected! I have a few remarks, some of which were already known:

• application launcher icon was reset
    • I had to change it two times after two reboots, but the second change sticked
  • default audio device changed from Sound Blaster Z to AMD Radeon HDMI
    • this happened during package installation
  • accelerated YouTube playback with Firefox works as usual
  • Trackmania 2020 (using Steam native) in windowed mode no longer has a window title bar
    • this can be anything from Proton to KWin
    • can be moved with Super+drag still
    • mouse clicks don’t go through at all in windowed mode - this is a non-harmless issue
  • LibreOffice double-scales its UI
    • Fixed upstream - link in earlier this thread

Okay, my deskputer isn’t configured with anything fancy, aside a few mouse and GUI options, so I kinda expected the config nuke not needing to take place. Anyway, it’s awesome to see the upgrade process go so smoothly. Great work!

2 Likes

hello. I’m having issues trying to update kooha. it say its unable to meet dependencies… glib2>=2.80 and libadwaita>=1:1.5.0. how can I fix this? thank you

From the Arch packager’s comments, it rather sounds like you are being intentionally blocked.

• upgpkg: 2.3.0-2: Block installation for folks without glib2 from testing
  • upgpkg: 2.3.0-3: Block installation for folks without libadwaita from testing
  • upgpkg: 2.3.0-4: Include epoch version in version requirement to catch libadwaita

As of 2024-03-23, only Arch Testing has glib2>=2.80 and libadwaita>=1:1.5.0.