[Unstable Update] 2023-10-08 - GNOME 45

Having the same issue with updates and kdepeoplecard.I’ll give it awhile and see if the issue is taken care of if not i’ll follow the suggestion @Zesko gave.

I had 84 updates, now I have 96, but still I can´t update:

sudo pacman -Syu

error: failed to prepare transaction (unable to satisfy dependencies)
:: installing kparts5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kparts" dependency needed by kmediaplayer
:: installing kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kpeople" dependency needed by kpeoplevcard
:: installing kcontacts5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kcontacts" dependency needed by kpeoplevcard
:: installing kcoreaddons5 (5.111.0-1) breaks "kcoreaddons" dependency required by libmediawiki
:: installing knotifications5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "knotifications" dependency required by telepathy-kde-approve
:: installing kservice5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kservice" dependency required by telepathy-kde-approver
:: installing knotifyconfig5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "knotifyconfig" dependency required by telepathy-kde-common-internals
:: installing ktexteditor5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "ktexteditor" dependency needed by telepathy-kde-common-internals
:: installing kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kpeople" dependency required by telepathy-kde-common-internals
:: installing krunner5 (5.111.0-1) breaks "krunner" dependency needed by telepathy-kde-contact-runner
:: installing kidletime5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kidletime" dependency needed by telepathy-kde-integration-module
:: installing kactivities5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kactivities" dependency needed by telepathy-kde-integration-module

*I removed “sddm-maia-theme”

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

still can not install kdeconnect:

Synchronizing package databases...

Choose optional dependencies for kdeconnect:
1:  python-nautilus: Nautilus integration

Enter a selection (default=none): 

Resolving dependencies...
Warning: cannot resolve "kpeoplevcard", a dependency of "kdeconnect"
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'kpeoplevcard' required by kdeconnect

kpeoplevcard 0.1-2 is now available. Once your mirror(s) sync, the dependency will be satisfied.

1 Like

thanks, @Yochanan, looks like Indian servers are not in sync yet, manually switched to global repo.
The update has started now.

thanks for the fix

A post was split to a new topic: When shutting down PC, all mechanical hard-disks run down hard

• Just remove these packages from AUR.
    Or
  • Edit their PKGBUILDs to change all KDE dependency names and then build them.
1 Like

Thnaks, I was in doubt to remove all this things… done.
I have to remove “telepathy*”. Maybe I don´t need. Don´t know.
I have KDE installed but don´t used it. I use Xfce.

Maybe it was just my bad luck but I could not get the system to update unable to satisfy dependency ‘kpeoplevcard’ required by kdeconnect. I changed mirrors to worldwide and still no luck.I finally uninstalled kdeconnect and got the updates.Once it updated I reinstalled kdeconnect rebooted and no issues.

See my post in testing announcement:

2 Likes

Thanks I have it fixed now.It is more I can’t wait for fixes or for someone to post a way to fix it I just have to go into panic mode until I figure it out. :grinning:

pacman-mirrors: local (4.23.3-2) is newer than core (4.23.2+3+g4148c3d-1)

I also got the kpeoplevcard: local (0.1+r38.32d50a9-1) is newer than extra (0.1-2) and since above recomended allowing downgrade, I did that and it worked.

as for pacman-mirrors run

sudo pacman -Syuu

No need to sync again. The first line is enough.

pacman-mirrors version: 4.23.3+10+gbd0d802-1 is buggy

pacman-mirrors -G ==> result is:
LANGUAGES [‘de_DE’, ‘UTF-8’, ‘’, ‘en_US’]
APP_DIR /usr/share
LOCALE_DIR /usr/share/locale
LOCALE (‘de_DE’, ‘UTF-8’)
unstable

Version 4.23.3-2 is o.K.
pacman-mirrors -G ==> result is:
unstable

Me too:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack                                                                                                                                      
LANGUAGES ['en_US', 'UTF-8', '', 'en_US', 'UTF-8']
APP_DIR /usr/share
LOCALE_DIR /usr/share/locale
LOCALE ('en_US', 'UTF-8')

::INFO Downloading mirrors from Manjaro

what you guys mean? that we display some debug messages to develop pacman-mirrors? Well you’re on the unstable branch, dude.

1 Like

not a bug - new feature on unstable branch :slight_smile: - don’t worry - we will be out of your hair later …

1 Like

I like the horses in the un-stable too.
Wilhelm Busch (Max & Moritz):
“Doch zuletzt verzehret sie Meister Müllers Federvieh.”

:rofl:

In fact, the unstable branch is actually the most stable one. Because many necessary apps are only provided via AUR like

• Zoom,
  • Slack,
  • Skype,
  • Spotify,
  • Chrome,
  • VSCode (with .NET debugger),
  • Android Studio,
  • Genymotion
  • Teamviewer,
  • Sublim Text,
  • WPS Office,
  • Foxit Reader/Editor,
  • Joplin,

And to ensure the stability and the compatibility of these apps with the rest of installed libraries, it’s safe and sometimes necessary to switch to unstable branch.

1 Like