[Unstable Update] 2023-10-08 - GNOME 45

Did you try:

1. Download it from the Arch repo.
  2. Run sudo pacman -U <package> to install it.
  3. Update (You need to ignore installing kpeoplevcard from the Manjaro repo)

I tried that and disabled updates for kpeoplevcard in /etc/pacman.conf. After that the following is printed upon sudo pacman -Syyu

Nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen wird gesucht …
Fehler: Vorgang konnte nicht vorbereitet werden (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: Installation von plasma-framework5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit »plasma-framework«, benötigt von sddm-breath-theme

You have the other problem, it has nothing to do with kpeoplevcard issue.

• sddm-breath-theme was packaged by Manjaro, not Arch.
  • plasma-framework5 was packaged by Arch.

This is why both do not match properly.
You wait for Manjaro team to maintain the package sddm-breath-theme

Can report the updating issues have been resolved. With kdeconnect as well, cheers

Having the same issue with updates and kdepeoplecard.I’ll give it awhile and see if the issue is taken care of if not i’ll follow the suggestion @Zesko gave.

I had 84 updates, now I have 96, but still I can´t update:

sudo pacman -Syu

error: failed to prepare transaction (unable to satisfy dependencies)
:: installing kparts5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kparts" dependency needed by kmediaplayer
:: installing kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kpeople" dependency needed by kpeoplevcard
:: installing kcontacts5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kcontacts" dependency needed by kpeoplevcard
:: installing kcoreaddons5 (5.111.0-1) breaks "kcoreaddons" dependency required by libmediawiki
:: installing knotifications5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "knotifications" dependency required by telepathy-kde-approve
:: installing kservice5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kservice" dependency required by telepathy-kde-approver
:: installing knotifyconfig5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "knotifyconfig" dependency required by telepathy-kde-common-internals
:: installing ktexteditor5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "ktexteditor" dependency needed by telepathy-kde-common-internals
:: installing kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kpeople" dependency required by telepathy-kde-common-internals
:: installing krunner5 (5.111.0-1) breaks "krunner" dependency needed by telepathy-kde-contact-runner
:: installing kidletime5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kidletime" dependency needed by telepathy-kde-integration-module
:: installing kactivities5 (5.111.0-1) breaks the "kactivities" dependency needed by telepathy-kde-integration-module

*I removed “sddm-maia-theme”

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

still can not install kdeconnect:

Synchronizing package databases...

Choose optional dependencies for kdeconnect:
1:  python-nautilus: Nautilus integration

Enter a selection (default=none): 

Resolving dependencies...
Warning: cannot resolve "kpeoplevcard", a dependency of "kdeconnect"
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'kpeoplevcard' required by kdeconnect

kpeoplevcard 0.1-2 is now available. Once your mirror(s) sync, the dependency will be satisfied.

1 Like

thanks, @Yochanan, looks like Indian servers are not in sync yet, manually switched to global repo.
The update has started now.

thanks for the fix

A post was split to a new topic: When shutting down PC, all mechanical hard-disks run down hard

• Just remove these packages from AUR.
    Or
  • Edit their PKGBUILDs to change all KDE dependency names and then build them.
1 Like

Thnaks, I was in doubt to remove all this things… done.
I have to remove “telepathy*”. Maybe I don´t need. Don´t know.
I have KDE installed but don´t used it. I use Xfce.

Maybe it was just my bad luck but I could not get the system to update unable to satisfy dependency ‘kpeoplevcard’ required by kdeconnect. I changed mirrors to worldwide and still no luck.I finally uninstalled kdeconnect and got the updates.Once it updated I reinstalled kdeconnect rebooted and no issues.

See my post in testing announcement:

2 Likes

Thanks I have it fixed now.It is more I can’t wait for fixes or for someone to post a way to fix it I just have to go into panic mode until I figure it out. :grinning:

pacman-mirrors: local (4.23.3-2) is newer than core (4.23.2+3+g4148c3d-1)

I also got the kpeoplevcard: local (0.1+r38.32d50a9-1) is newer than extra (0.1-2) and since above recomended allowing downgrade, I did that and it worked.

as for pacman-mirrors run

sudo pacman -Syuu

No need to sync again. The first line is enough.

pacman-mirrors version: 4.23.3+10+gbd0d802-1 is buggy

pacman-mirrors -G ==> result is:
LANGUAGES [‘de_DE’, ‘UTF-8’, ‘’, ‘en_US’]
APP_DIR /usr/share
LOCALE_DIR /usr/share/locale
LOCALE (‘de_DE’, ‘UTF-8’)
unstable

Version 4.23.3-2 is o.K.
pacman-mirrors -G ==> result is:
unstable

Me too:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack                                                                                                                                      
LANGUAGES ['en_US', 'UTF-8', '', 'en_US', 'UTF-8']
APP_DIR /usr/share
LOCALE_DIR /usr/share/locale
LOCALE ('en_US', 'UTF-8')

::INFO Downloading mirrors from Manjaro