[UNSTABLE UPDATE] firefox: /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini exists in filesystem

unstable

In the new unstable update, I get the error firefox: /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini exists in filesystem. There is no update post for this. How do I fix this?

[Testing Update] 2018-03-15 - Deepin, Systemd, Firefox, Haskell, Python
[Stable Update] 2018-03-18 - Kernels, Xorg-Stack, Systemd, KDE Frameworks, Firefox, Nvidia, Deepin
[Testing Update] 2018-03-16 - Kernels, Deepin, Firefox, Haskell, Python
[Testing Update] 2018-03-15 - Deepin, Systemd, Firefox, Haskell, Python

I could reproduce the issue on an VM with a fresh installation of Manjaro XFCE.

According to pacman -Qo /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini, this file doesn’t belong to any package.

[ami@imaginaire ~]$ pacman -Qo /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini
error: No package owns /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini

Therefore, I suggest you rename the problematic file to distribution.ini.old with the following command :

sudo mv /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini.old

After that, try to update your system again with sudo pacman -Syu . There should not be any file conflict anymore.

If everything is OK after that, you can delete distribution.ini.old.

(I have essentially followed advice given by the Arch Wiki for this kind of situation : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman#.22Failed_to_commit_transaction_.28conflicting_files.29.22_error )

Please update manjaro-browser-settings to version 20180220-1 first.

I had the same problem, update manjaro-browser-settinfgs before didn’t solve the issue alone. After update this package alone I should change the name of distribution.ini

If it can help in any way, I have lots of Firefox profiles, don’t know if that affect that

I just deleted the old file and everything went smooth…

I did it with the --force flag, often update the pip-upgraded system packages this way.

'LLo,

As shown above in VM & with the last bunch of update concerning live/install, it stucks at 20 % & at the end even freeze the V-box…! (works fine without live media update)

Ps: O_ops, I just see it’s not really about the OP subject…! :worried:

Calamares issue (unstable)

Me too

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.