[Unstable Update] 2022-11-25 - Mkinitcpio, NVIDIA, Qt, Gtk, SDL, LibreOffice, Cinnamon

I think the problem has already been solved and the package was migrated back.

(The solution is (1) give the repository packages a higher priority and (2) ask the author to rename their package.)

Recent btrfs-progs-6.1-1 breaks grub-btrfs and snapshots are not detected.

Upstream issue: kdave/btrfs-progs#562

1 Like

It should be tested enough until it’s available on stable maybe waiting for a patched version

It seems there’s a patch for btrfs-progs on queue:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-btrfs/list/?series=707080

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Pinta errors after today’s update

A post was split to a new topic: Is suspend / resume broken on manjaro as well?

pix in cinnamon does not start error from terminal below

(pix:355570): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 14:53:35.777: g_type_class_add_private() called multiple times for the same type

** (pix:355570): CRITICAL **: 14:53:35.785: Could not load the mandatory extension 'cairo_io': Could not open the module `cairo_io`: libtiff.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Aborted (core dumped)

Fixed with pix 2.8.9-2.

1 Like

Manjaro Tools Broken after todays update see

It’s fixed with r3004.dc48e4e-2.

2 Likes

:information_source: PHP 8.2 update and introduction of legacy branch

2023-01-13 - Pierre Schmitz

The php packages have been updated to the latest version 8.2. In addition to this, a new set of php-legacy packages have been introduced. These will follow the oldest but still actively supported PHP branch. This enables users to install the latest version but also introduces the option to use third party applications that might rely on an older version. Both branches will be kept up to date following our rolling release model. php and php-legacy can be installed at the same time as the latter uses a -legacy suffix for its binaries and configuration files.

In addition to this, the php7 packages have been removed as they reached end of life. The imap extension will no longer be provided as it relies on the c-client library which has been abandoned for many years.

All sorts of weird glitches in steam (steam) with update to lib32-libx11 1.8.3-1 and major stuttering in steam game L4D2. Also reported here: Team Fortress 2 Crash with newest lib32-libx11 / Multimedia and Games / Arch Linux Forums

I’ve just built lib32-libx11 1.8.3-1.0 with 0001-Revert_Update_XPutBackEvent.diff applied. Let me know if that resolves the issue. I’ll also test myself and see if that resolves the lag I was having with GreedFall.

EDIT: It does indeed resolve the lag.

1 Like

:warning: binutils 2.4.0 toolchain rebuilds are coming in along with virtualbox 7.0.6. It will be a few hours at least before the kernel rebuilds are done. I advise delaying updating until you see the kernel rebuilds available.

2 Likes

be very careful on new grub version r416

dont know what ysou talk about: Packages

In ARCH core there is at time: v415 afaik?!
https://ftp.fau.de/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/grub-2:2.06.r415.g1a241e050-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

1 Like

Phil is right, as I remember we have rollback grub to stable version/revision because something was not stable enough.
And we have a separate thread for package updates.:

kernel rebuilds are not in repos yet