[Unstable Update] 2022-08-03 - Glibc, GCC, LibreOffice, KDE Plasma, Firefox, MangoHud, KDE-git

Yeah, I might do the same. I don’t know why I even need snapd installed!

@manjbob after update to snapd 2.57-2 it’s fixed. Thanks to @Yochanan

1 Like

Yep, fixed here as well. Thanks a lot :smiley:

1 Like

While updating electron (19 → 20), this update breaks element-desktop dependency on electron 19, shouldn’t the package manager also offer to install electron19 package, instead of removing element-desktop to resume the update?

apparmor update (3.0.6-1 and 3.0.6-2) caused issue with Samba. In Thunar, when clicking on Browse Network and when choosing a computer in the network, nothing happens. I had no idea how to deal with the apparmor profiles for samba. Removal of apparmor and the parameters in grub restored functionality.

See FS#75513 - [electron] Package breakage on every major new electron version

Temporarily remove element-desktop, update, install electron19 then reinstall element-desktop.

A post was split to a new topic: Could someone from the team please create the r6168 kernel module for the 5.19 kernel?

Apparmor is necessary in case you need Snapd working the way it was designed to work.
You should have checked if /etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.smbd.pacsave existed and filled /etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.smbd with your overrides. Or used aa-complain command, or aa-genprof.

Though the apparmor issue was addressed already. Got a message about it during one reboot and never got it again.

Thank you for responding. I didn’t notice, the .pacsave file. I don’t use snaps on any of my computers, so I need not worry about that. I still have apparmor installed on one of the computers, so using the information that you posted, I will see how it goes. Thanks again.

edit: Fixed with aa-complain

latest update broke mhwd for me resulting in manjaro-settings-manager-kcm not showing Hardware Config in settings.

mhwd: error while loading shared libraries: libhd.so.21: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

all my packages are up to date, anyone else experiencing this?

It’s fixed with manjaro-settings-manager 0.5.7-6 on it’s way shortly.

1 Like

great! Thanks for the info!

The linux519.1 is mislabeled somewhere, so that username -a gives 5.19.0-4-MANJARO

1 Like

Yes, we’re aware. :wink:

❯ uname -r
5.19.0-1-MANJARO
❯ pacman -Qi linux519 | grep Version
Version         : 5.19.1-1

EDIT: Fixed and 5.19.1-2 will be coming along later.

exactly. cat /boot/linux519-x86_64.kver gives the right name too.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Yes, build pipeline is buggy: not only uname -r shows exactly the 5.19.0-4-MANJARO for me too, but also this:

sudo pacman -Syu
Package (20)                      Old Version                   New Version                   Net Change  Download Size
core/linux519                     5.19.0-4                      5.19.1-1                        0.37 MiB     130.86 MiB
 linux519-5.19.1-1-x86_64                                                                          130.9 MiB  2.48 MiB/s 00:53 [############################################################################] 100%
(14/20) upgrading linux519                                                                                                     [############################################################################] 100%
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux519.preset: 'default'
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.19-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.19-x86_64.img
==> Starting build: 5.19.0-1-MANJARO
==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-5.19-x86_64.img
==> Image generation successful
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux519.preset: 'fallback'
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.19-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.19-x86_64-fallback.img -S autodetect
==> Starting build: 5.19.0-1-MANJARO

Thx.

EDIT:
Fixed in -2 build.

Got a couple entries of kernel: blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13) on-boot after updating the kernel to 5.19.1-2.

A post was split to a new topic: A few complaints