[Unstable Update] 2022-08-03 - Glibc, GCC, LibreOffice, KDE Plasma, Firefox, MangoHud, KDE-git

Hello community,

Another unstable branch update with some usual updates for you.

Checkout the store. From 2nd till 7th we offer 20% discount!

• All our Kernels got rebuilt against GCC/GLIBC update
    • Note: 5.17 series got dropped from our repos. Please adopt to 5.18 or 5.19 series.
  • Firefox-Dev got a new beta release
  • Firefox is now at 103.0.1
  • LibreOffice got renewed to 7.3.5
  • KDE Plasma has its fourth point release for 5.25 series
  • MangoHud got updated to 0.6.8
  • Regular Python and Haskell updates

Additional Info

Info about AUR packages

:warning: AUR (Arch User Repository) packages are neither supported by Arch nor Manjaro. Posts about them in Announcement topics are off-topic and will be flagged, moved or removed without warning.

:information_source: You may need to rebuild any AUR packages that install files to site-packages …

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, GNOME, XFCE. You get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

• linux419 4.19.254
  • linux54 5.4.208
  • linux510 5.10.134
  • linux515 5.15.58
  • linux518 5.18.15
  • linux519 5.19.0
  • linux515-rt 5.15.55_rt48
  • linux518-rt 5.18.0_rt11

Package Changes ( Wed Aug 3 07:38:17 CEST 2022)

A detailed list of all package changes can be found here

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

2 Likes

Hi,
the manjaro kernel bootsplash doesn’t work with linux519.

2 Likes

Sorry to spam the thread, but is there a specific reason (bug, etc?) Plasma 5.25 is still stuck in unstable considering it’s at 5.25.4 now?

7 Likes

Snapd.apparmor.service fails to start.

systemctl status snapd.apparmor.service                                                                                 1 ✘  6s  
× snapd.apparmor.service - Load AppArmor profiles managed internally by snapd
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/snapd.apparmor.service; enabled; preset: disabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2022-08-03 10:48:56 CEST; 28s ago
    Process: 1634 ExecStart=/usr/lib/snapd/snapd-apparmor start (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
   Main PID: 1634 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
        CPU: 1ms

Aug 03 10:48:56 lenaro systemd[1]: Starting Load AppArmor profiles managed internally by snapd...
Aug 03 10:48:56 lenaro systemd[1634]: snapd.apparmor.service: Failed to locate executable /usr/lib/snapd/snapd-apparmor: No such file or direct>
Aug 03 10:48:56 lenaro systemd[1634]: snapd.apparmor.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/lib/snapd/snapd-apparmor: No such file or direc>
Aug 03 10:48:56 lenaro systemd[1]: snapd.apparmor.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Aug 03 10:48:56 lenaro systemd[1]: snapd.apparmor.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 03 10:48:56 lenaro systemd[1]: Failed to start Load AppArmor profiles managed internally by snapd.

systemd serivce snapd.apparmor.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/lib/snapd/snapd-apparmor start
RemainAfterExit=yes

No /usr/lib/snapd/snapd-apparmor exits in folder.

Yeah, I get this error as well.

@manjbob I disabled the systemd service until it gets a fix.

seems like PKGBUILD misses:

install -Dm755 "$srcdir/go/bin/snapd-apparmor" "$pkgdir/usr/lib/snapd/snapd-apparmor"

Yeah, I might do the same. I don’t know why I even need snapd installed!

@manjbob after update to snapd 2.57-2 it’s fixed. Thanks to @Yochanan

1 Like

Yep, fixed here as well. Thanks a lot :smiley:

1 Like

While updating electron (19 → 20), this update breaks element-desktop dependency on electron 19, shouldn’t the package manager also offer to install electron19 package, instead of removing element-desktop to resume the update?

apparmor update (3.0.6-1 and 3.0.6-2) caused issue with Samba. In Thunar, when clicking on Browse Network and when choosing a computer in the network, nothing happens. I had no idea how to deal with the apparmor profiles for samba. Removal of apparmor and the parameters in grub restored functionality.

See FS#75513 - [electron] Package breakage on every major new electron version

Temporarily remove element-desktop, update, install electron19 then reinstall element-desktop.

A post was split to a new topic: Could someone from the team please create the r6168 kernel module for the 5.19 kernel?

Apparmor is necessary in case you need Snapd working the way it was designed to work.
You should have checked if /etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.smbd.pacsave existed and filled /etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.smbd with your overrides. Or used aa-complain command, or aa-genprof.

Though the apparmor issue was addressed already. Got a message about it during one reboot and never got it again.

Thank you for responding. I didn’t notice, the .pacsave file. I don’t use snaps on any of my computers, so I need not worry about that. I still have apparmor installed on one of the computers, so using the information that you posted, I will see how it goes. Thanks again.

edit: Fixed with aa-complain

latest update broke mhwd for me resulting in manjaro-settings-manager-kcm not showing Hardware Config in settings.

mhwd: error while loading shared libraries: libhd.so.21: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

all my packages are up to date, anyone else experiencing this?

It’s fixed with manjaro-settings-manager 0.5.7-6 on it’s way shortly.

1 Like

great! Thanks for the info!

The linux519.1 is mislabeled somewhere, so that username -a gives 5.19.0-4-MANJARO

1 Like