[Unstable Update] 2022-04-07 - GNOME 42, Mesa 22.0.1, Octopi 0.13.0, KDE-git, Haskell

For me it was fixed at the same time as the screenshot UI, by removing manjaro-gdm-theme

1 Like

I already have default shell theme set and do not have manjaro-gdm-theme installed but still have blocky OSDs. I tested using a new user with all extensions disabled but the results were the same.

@Manjar0-Flow @caribo Looks like a custom theme and/or extension is causing both issues.

Thanks all … :+1:t3: I had extensions turned off and default themes set, but it looks to have been some older GDM tweaks that were causing this issue rather than the settings for the logged in user. resetting GDM settings resolves the issue and beautiful new OSD’s are in use.

still no OSD for enable/disable touchpad though…

I’ve personally removed the Manjaro shell theme and use the stock G42 Shell theme, so I can’t imagine the stock G42 theme is the problem.

As the Tray icons are shown through the ‘Tray Icons: Reloaded’ Gnome extension, that may well be where the problem comes from.

A post was split to a new topic: Can I stay on Gnome 41?

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do I update?

A post was merged into an existing topic: How do I update?

On my laptop the OSD associated with enabling / disabling the touchpad is OK in Wayland session, but does not appear in xorg sessions even although the touchpad is enabled/disabled correctly.

Speaking of Wayland, FYI, I tried force enabling it on the bleeding edge unstable update the other day, but it’s still not quite daily driver ready on my Nvidia GPU:

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2.

Just a quick note for those of you who are curious :slight_smile:

Though the biggest problem is flickering and random jittering, I’d kinda appreciate if all Linux distro’s decided to just default to this even with these bugs but still have the option to switch to x11, just to force Nvidia to get off their butt and deal with their GPU’s problems

after kde-framework (5.93) upgrade, the OSD is no more centered on screen, now displayed on top-left corner. is this expected behavior?

Which one?
There isn’t any change visible for the volume or screen-switching osd on my machines.

used to be all OSD when i noticed it, however it seems it just fixed itself after i tried invoking all OSDs. :man_shrugging:t4:

webdav mounts are broken, redhat bug ID 2066717. Fixed upstream but the patch hasn’t been built in arch yet.

This Packages are dropped from Repo.:

$ pacman -Qm
gnome-icon-theme 3.12.0-6
gnome-icon-theme-symbolic 3.12.0-6
qpdfview 0.4.18-2

Oh that’s sad. I didn’t know it was that old and unmaintained.
Is there are a similarly simple pdf viewer with the same features?

2 Likes

xreader seems to be a better and maintained alternative. This is after trying 8 pdf viewers…

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PDF,_PS_and_DjVu#Graphical

After today’s update, the search function in gnome overview is no longer working. It was working before today’s update.

Can’t reproduce, check your extensions.

1 Like

Thanks. Seems to be the “User theme” extension that is causing the problem. Fixed after I disabled this one.