[Unstable Update] 2021-12-13 - Python 3.10 Rebuilds

@Yochanan Will libxml2 package be rebuild against python 3.10.x release? It is still dropping some python 2.7 libs.

It already was, but today Python 2 is dropped completely. See today’s news: libxml2>=2.9.12-6 update may require manual intervention

1 Like

I’ve tested here with sudo pacman -U https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libxml2/download and no issues associated to the update. No leftovers either.

I didn’t have any issues updating, either. :man_shrugging:

There’s a quite outdated package in the repo: darch-run, which depends on linux53. Only found out about its existence cos I ran pacman -F /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset.
(edit: @philm is the packager)

A post was split to a new topic: Systemd-oomd issues

@Yochanan has kernel module ntfs3 dropped for linux515 (5.15.12-1-MANJARO)

$ lsmod | grep ntfs

returns empty

if yes, is this due to a tentative issue?

Do you have NTFS partition mounted when issuing that lsmod command? Since ntfs3 is compiled as module due to CONFIG_NTFS3_FS=m it shouldn’t be loaded by default if there’s no NTFS partition present during boot, as far as I understand.
I just modprobed it on 515 and it has been successfully loaded.

2 Likes

ah must be the issue, i’m not presently using the ntfs3, though i did manage to use it fine with an earlier rev of 5.15. just checked, the present kernel is indeed compiled with

CONFIG_NTFS3_FS=m
CONFIG_NTFS3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y

trying to connect indeed loaded the ‘ntfs3’ module

When I updated bash (5.1.012-1 → 5.1.016-1) the file /usr/share/info/dir was renamed to “dir.old” and a new “dir” file was created, is this okay?

Latest unstable update. /usr/share/info/dir was renamed to /usr/share/info/dir.old and is almost empty now. Version bash 5.1.016-1.

2628 lines the old one replaced by 18 lines.

Not sure why the package is now trying to install /usr/share/info/dir . I’ll push an update here in a few.

It can easily be regenerated:

cd /usr/share/info/
for f in * ; do sudo install-info $f dir ; done
4 Likes

Updated to latest bash 5.1.016-2, however that didn’t populate automatically /usr/share/info/dir, I had to manually run your command.

2 Likes

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. The update only stopped the package from overwriting /usr/share/info/dir.

1 Like

@Yochanan @philm looks like the present KDE framework update is partial, only some of the packages were updated to 5.90. ex: plasma-framework is still at 5.89

EDIT: maybe its the way it is, checked in arch, some are in stable some are still in testing. the ones that are still 5.89.0 are the ones still in arch testing. strange never recall seen this before

1 Like

Koshika, good note.
I never seen that lines in Dolphin file manager duplicates and after ejecting became one over another (did not captured that).

(it is the same single USB stick with 2 partitions on it).

hopefully its all cosmetic issues, and no show stoppers

Update bash 5.1.016-2 should include a post-install script to do precisely this, just in this version to fix the issue.

@alven I had the same exact issue with mldonkey_gui, where downloads entries started to appear duplicated.

1 Like

Koshikas, Tribble I just got several updates of 5.90 to install and currently rejected to install updates.
I checked what I currently have:

~/Desktop ❯ cat /var/log/pacman.log | grep "5.90"
[2021-11-23T16:23:05+0300] [ALPM] upgraded ktextwidgets (5.88.0-1 -> 5.88.0.r424.g95e9014-1)
[2021-11-23T16:31:02+0300] [ALPM] downgraded ktextwidgets (5.88.0.r424.g95e9014-1 -> 5.88.0-1)
~/Desktop ❯ 

Oops: I have no any 5.90 components, 5.89 only. So, suspected-to-be-partial-5.90-update is not the reason of the issue I saw.