[Unstable Update] 2021-04-02 - Kernels, Gnome 40, Firefox, Libreoffice, Systemd 248

@pheiduck @nightmare-2021 that fixed it thanks :slight_smile:

pacman-mirrors 4.21.3-2 works well now for me, the old speed is back…

Hello, any news about systemd 248? I was curious to try out systemd-oomd and this package is held back to 247 on testing and stable branches, compared to Arch (my laptop still has OOM issues sometimes despite the 32GB ram).

We normally update systemd when at least a point-release came out. You can test it via unstable branch.

Why nvidia drivers want to downgrade from 465 to 460?

Quote from pamac:

К понижению версии (4):
nvidia-utils 460.73.01-1 (465.24.02-2) extra 115,4 МБ
mhwd-nvidia 460.73.01-1 (465.24.02-2) core 18,8 кБ
lib32-nvidia-utils 460.73.01-1 (465.24.02-1) multilib 37,7 МБ
linux510-nvidia 460.73.01-1 (465.24.02-3) extra 26,5 МБ

1 Like
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qat_4xxx

also on linux512-rc8 so this Firmware will be not maintaned anymore?
Split Package available?

Testing Unstable on Lenovo ThinkPad T60

Is also a thing on the linux512 stable

but I see that only on Setup with Crypt Devices (Manjaro with Encrypted Drive)

Stable Kernel 5.12 is out now

3 Likes

Hi,

I see that gnome shell 40 is available in the extra repository of Arch Linux (see here). Does it means that it will be available soon in Manjaro ?

It will also be possible that a version of Dash to Dock for Gnome 40 will be release soon (see it).

So, Manjaro Gnome with Gnome 40 available in one or two weeks ?

Stable Kernel 5.12 is out now

I’m noticing some extensions not working with 5.12. Are you seeing that elsewhere as well?

If you were using the unstable branch, you’d already know the answer to that question. :wink:

Also see:

Yes, the current version in the unstable branch is using this PR:

1 Like

Just as of right now I transitioned to Unstable again - I can say gnome 40 works a charm with dash-to-panel and all other extensions (wich I use extensible) work a charm.
With the panel on top, the workflow indeed feels improved. Cant wait for gs40 to hit testing to go back to felt safety

Gnome40…
I use these extensions:
Dash To Panel / Auto Activities / Hot Edge
Gives good workflow for me. AH and HE should be part of DtP - then no need for DtD.

Before KDE was blazing fast but now is extremely slow
for example…

It takes around 1 min to display the login screen
Launching Dolphin takes literally 45sec to launch the app…

systemd-analyze blame

doesnt show anything that delays the system…

According to my limited experience, network issues (slow connection) could be the culprit for such things. I’d check it if I were you.

1 Like

it seems that power management daemon is not starting , maybe is something related with upower…

New updates today

This is unstable - there are new updates every day

1 Like

Even several times per day. :wink:

I’m having some desktop file association issues with the latest thunar 4.16.7. Files on the desktop specifically seem to want to open with another thunar window rather than launching the associated app to play/view them…