[Unstable Update] 2021-01-17 - Kernels, Powerline-Go, Mutter, Python

I’ll wait for a package fix in manjaro branch.

philm has pushed to unstable

I think my mirror is not synced yet

lib32-gtk3 issue fixed here. $50 just donated to manjaro US opencollective. Thanks team.

2 Likes

With linux512-headers package i got this error:

errore: impossibile eseguire l’operazione richiesta (file in conflitto)
linux512-headers: /usr/lib/modules/5.12.0-1-MANJARO/build/scripts/dtc/.yamltree.o.cmd è già presente nel filesystem
linux512-headers: /usr/lib/modules/5.12.0-1-MANJARO/build/scripts/dtc/yamltree.o è già presente nel filesystem

Will GNOME 40 appear in unstable branch tomorrow or will you wait until most important extensions can work with it?

This is unstable branch - there is/should be no holding back packages.
How else should anyone determine proper working?

No. Arch Staging > Arch Stable > Manjaro Unstable takes a couple of weeks usually.

3 Likes

You don’t want it believe me. Even in Fedora a vanilla Gnome without extensions at all is prone to crashing with a message like “sorry something went wrong” on a white screen of death still without obvious means of restarting it.
I’d rather wait for a stable release.

You are right, I don’t want GNOME without extensions. :slightly_smiling_face: And I’m glad to hear, that it won’t appear in Manjaro Unstable right in the release day.

@openminded
Yes, have seen that on a recent Fedora installation.

what is status of the mesa 21 ?

mesa 21 is in testing repo on Arch Linux

1 Like

Anyone else experiencing random Gnome shell restarts after the latest update from yesterday?

Mar 23 07:34:22 manjaro systemd-coredump[427085]: Process 397030 (gnome-shell) of user 1000 
dumped core.

Linux manjaro 5.12.0-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 21 22:24:02 UTC 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am. My extensions were automatically disabled, but the system has stabilized and I’m able to browse, open apps and do some work.

I tried with 5.12 and 5.11 but the issue stills happens opening some app from shell.

I’m on 5.11. It could have something to do with which extensions you’re using. I guess this is the beginning of the expected chaos as Gnome 40 components are slowly introduced…

Manually installed:

1. Flipper Move Clock
  2. Hide Top Bar
  3. User Themes

I have User Themes and go with the stock Manjaro dark theming, which doesn’t seem to have been effected at this point. I’m relatively new to Gnome (it took a while for me to realize it’s my favorite, after 20 years of XFCE, KDE and all the others), but I’ve heard that even if a particular extension is not enabled, having it installed can cause problems when Gnome moves from one version to another. I imagine it could also have something to do with graphics hardware, etc.

Already disabled all extensions, changed to 5.11 (At this point I can discard a kernel issue), so far no more crashes.