[Unstable Update] 2020-12-02 - BREAKAGE EXPECTED - Python 3.9, Nvidia driver simplification, KDE-git

grub-vanilla needs to be rebuilt after latest unstable updates. grub-probe fails to run because of a missing libzfs.so.2. As a result linux59 kernel update does not complete.

I installed the grub package then reinstalled linux59 so I could boot my system.

1 Like

pythonqt is still in our repos when it was dropped from arch repos and requires python 3.8.

Also …

$ pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.8
apparmor
python-pyparted

They’re most likely leftover, untracked files and safe to remove. Check with:

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gufw*

Nothing requires it, it’s now removed.

Updated along with mintstick.

As I remember, I’ve checked them with pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python3.8 and they do belong to gufw, but I didn’t take my computer with me today, so I cannot have a double check currently.:confused:

Gnome-tweaks is also broken:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gnome-tweaks", line 17, in <module>
    import gtweak
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'gtweak'
2 Likes

Hi all (and team)!

I’ve noticed that some of these packages (like xorg-server and its dependencies) and some packages fom the previous testing update (like plasma-desktop and all its components) have made it through to the stable branch.

Was this intentional ?
For the moment I’ve postponed this (stable) update.
Should I proceed with this update or not?

If you’re unsure wait for an announcement in the appropriate forum section #announcements:stable-updates

Thank you.

I thought I had got away with it, but I was wrong:

pikaur -Syu
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pikaur", line 5, in <module>
    from pikaur.main import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pikaur'

Pikaur version 1.6.13-1

Better way to resolve this use „Pamac“ from Manjaro. It’s there own package manager (AUR - Helper)

1 Like

Received update 20.04.1-4.1, and those files truly became leftovers :sweat_smile:

I’m temporarily using gnome-tweaks-git from AUR to avoid this issue. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Normally I do use pamac, but it doesn’t work in conjunction with systemd-nspawn which is why I use pikaur at times because that does work with it. I won’t bore you with the reasons why that is so, they are too complicated to explain.

Just found out that I have lost all printing ability now as well (hp printer - and yes I have reinstalled hplip). All connections to localhost are dead so forget cups I can’t even get the page up, and the Manjaro print settings just says ‘not connected’ all the time (obviously for the same reason) so that is no use either. I will let you know if I get a solution.
Edit. lo is up and accepting pings but nothing else.

Edit2. Solved sudo systemctl enable cups
sudo systemctl start cups

What the hell switched the service off I haven’t at clue.

…maybe you missed the message about the service changes?

ex:

2 Likes

Mea Culpa :hot_face:

pikaur was reinstated by a rebuild of the package.
I had already done that of course and it didn’t work, but next time I rebuilt it did work, so if you are affected by this rebuild it twice, don’t ask me why you have to do that though.

I always remove orphans. What’s the point of having them on your system if you’re sure you mark the ones you need as “explicitly installed”?

pacman/Tips and tricks - ArchWiki

Btw, I think this still needs some cleanup @nightmare-2021:

hmmm

after today update I’m having a minor problem that’s when my session is locked return only a black screen. In a tty I can see that everything is normal, but I need to kill my session to able to see the login screen again (or startx a new session). I’m using lightdm. It also happens if I use xflock4, it will go direct to the black screen.
Did new tests without a second monitor, it will go to login, but to try to login with my user will result in a black screen.
Locking with xscreensaver and login will not result in a blackscreen but xscreensaver is too ugly to be used.

As the problem was with light-locker and there’s only a few other options to be used with lightdm, changed to sddm to work around the problem.