[Unstable Update] 2020-08-22 - Pamac, Mate 1.24.1, GCC 10.2, Python, Haskell

linux58-virtualbox-host-modules is 6.1.12-8 and linux57-virtualbox-host-modules is 6.1.12.10. In linux58 VirtualBox freezes the system, didnt get it to work. Should I wait for an update or there is a solution and I dont know?

After updating linux58 from 5.8.3-2 > 5.8.4-1, my Wi-Fi would not longer connect. No issues on 5.7.12-2.

EDIT: 5.8.5-1 resolved the issue.

kernel: ath10k_pci 0000:03:00.0: Could not init core: -110
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet driver: r8169 
  Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter 
  driver: ath10k_pci 
  Device-3: Qualcomm Atheros type: USB driver: btusb

brand spankin’ new ryzen 4000 laptop bought this year, still affected by the issue.

1 Like

I had the same issue as @cscs
His solution worked for me too.

• I could not login
  • I manjaro-chroot with manjaro live usb
  • I edit /etc/pam.d/system-login
  • I replace pam_tally2.so with pam_faillock.so
1 Like

Since the update to gcc 10.2 I’m having trouble to compile packages with static linked libraries which were compiled with an older gcc version. For example trying to build mutter ends with this error:

lto1: internal compiler error: bytecode stream: expected tag identifier_node instead of LTO_UNKNOWN

One workaround was to downgrade to gcc 10.1 which is suboptimal…
In case of mutter it was linked against /usr/lib/libsysprof-capture-3.a and after a rebuild of sysprof i’m able to compile mutter again.

I found a similar report on gentoo: https://bugs.gentoo.org/733886
Edit here is another one from Arch Linux: FS#67686 : [gcc] 10.2.0: lto1: internal compiler error: bytecode stream: expected tag identifier_node inste

Libre Office 7 crashed when I set writer to tabbed toolbar (just to test how it is nowadays) and kept crashing right after starting, making it impossible to change back to standard toolbar.

As I don’t fiddle with the defaults too much I removed my libre office settings and got a fresh from the skel at next start. It is stable now, even with tabbed toolbar turned on :slight_smile:

This is an unstable update announcement.
If you need assistance, especially if you do not use unstable branch, please see any related threads to your issue (search is in the top-right) and if that doesnt help then start your own thread.

After Login system freeze with Plasma / Wrapland.
Standard / X works.

I’ve been getting some weird Qt theming issues lately. If a Qt app is launched per a desktop shortcut or thunar list file, the app appears to disregard the theme chosen in kvantum and uses its own “default” theme. However, the correct theme is pulled down properly when the app is run via terminal or start menu. Vlc is acting up as well. Here’s a couple examples from qpdfview:

[edit]: can’t embed media. @moderators

I can’t immediately reproduce the problem since a reboot cleans up the issue temporarily…but it came back. :slightly_frowning_face: Makes me think it’s a xfwm/thunar problem but I can’t peg it to a recent update. Perhaps at-spi2-core v2.36.1-1 (for a long shot?)

the xhci_pci firmware is also missing on Kernel 5.9 RC4 could we implement this like the other firmwares that are missing over years? Arch Linux mkinitcpio: Possibly missing firmware for module

uPD72020x_firmware

So yesterday comes the update VirtualBox 6.1.14 for linux58 and is working. thanks!

in today update of tigervnc in unstable:

error: failed to perform the transaction (conflicting files)
tigervnc: / usr / sbin exists on the file system (belongs to filesystem)
Errors occurred and therefore no packages were updated.

Will be fixed with tigervnc 1.11.0-2 which is already available on arch.

1 Like

You could try with

sudo pacman -Syu tigervnc --overwrite /usr/sbin

I found an old post about not make use of --overwrite and I didnt use it. I will wait for tigervnc 1.11.0-2. My installed package its OK.

Although I don`t use, one thing I noticed about ndiswrapper kernel module is not present after installed linux58 and linux59.

1 Like

No font settings in System Settings for KDE-Dev. I will try to comment on:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=426189

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Unstable Update] 2020-09-13 - Kernels, Qt 5.15.1, Browser, Pamac

Plasma Wrapland is now working again !