[Unstable Update] 2020-05-15 - Kernels, Cinnamon 4.6, Toolchain, PHP, AMDVLK, Pamac, Browsers

Maybe fixed with these commits. I can't confirm that though because I'm on wayland now and the issue does not exist there.

1 Like

Happen this too in Xfce.

*... And now with the latest update of kernel linux57 5.7rc5.d0510.g2ef96a5-2 it don`t boot
Edit: Just came out a fix for this...

KDE Pamac off screen issue is fixed now after this latest update today.

1 Like

Yes i think it has been fixed. I just tried on x11 Gnome, problem is not there.

1 Like

Did this xdg-su get "demoted" to the AUR?

$ pacman -Qm
xdg-su 1.2.3-1

$ pacman -Si xdg-su
error: package 'xdg-su' was not found

$ pacman -Qi xdg-su
Name            : xdg-su
Version         : 1.2.3-1
Description     : Run a program as root with the most environment appropriate available graphical authentication agent
Architecture    : any
URL             : https://github.com/tarakbumba/xdg-su
Licenses        : MIT
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : sh
Optional Deps   : None
Required By     : None
Optional For    : None
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Installed Size  : 55.00 KiB
Packager        : Rob McCathie <rob@manjaro.org>
Build Date      : Sun 08 Jun 2014 10:55:29 AM EDT
Install Date    : Sun 12 Apr 2020 03:02:25 AM EDT
Install Reason  : Explicitly installed
Install Script  : No
Validated By    : Signature

Yes, it was dropped from the Arch repos to the AUR in 2015. :wink:

I removed it from the Manjaro repo yesterday along with a bunch of other old, unmaintained packages.

Not in Xfce. I still have Pamac-gtk not in center of the screen when open it.

Yesterday (before the latest kernel and nvidia updates) I got a hard freeze while browsing in firefox -- no crash report and the only clue in journalctl is this:

kernel: BUG: unable to handle page fault for address: ffffffff8b480001
kernel: #PF: supervisor write access in kernel mode
kernel: #PF: error_code(0x0002) - not-present page
kernel: PGD 51e0f067 P4D 51e0f067 PUD 51e10063 PMD 0

The complicating factor is that (during cabin fever) I just transferred my entire machine from a noisy case into a quieter one -- so it's difficult to know if, say, a faulty usb3 front connector might be to blame.

There is a related bug report and that issue appears to be fixed in kernel 5.7. I've done some stress testing on my own machine and haven't reproduced it yet, which is good. One thing I've noticed is that whenever you switch usb ports on my headphone amp, the xfce audio settings need to be re-configured again.

That's the expected behaviour. It is so you don't break your headphones where your speakers were amplified, while accidentally using their port.

Looks like jfx needs another hand for the latest batch of java updates...

installing jre-openjdk (14.0.1.u7-1) breaks dependency 'java-runtime-openjdk=13' required by java-openjfx

@philm
w.g. sudo 1.9.0-1

[ALPM] warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/sudoers.d/
filesystem: 755 package: 750

qt5-styleplugins was demoted to the aur but still required by manjaro-xfce-settings?

With the latest unstable update of 2020-06-03 I can`t login. Somebody knows where the problem is?

With your user only or you can't login as root? Chmod the correct permissions for it and try again.

I have no problems logging in, but there are some oddities with Qt apps, for instance, Dolphin's menu invoked by a panel button appears on another screen (monitor). Also fonts got slightly bigger.

I use sddm as login manager, it don't appears.

I use XFCE and I'm getting segmentation faults for all my QT5 apps after the recent qt5 update.

UPDATE: I rebuilt qt5-styleplugins from the AUR and now all QT5 apps work fine. Looks like this might be already fixed in the repos.

1 Like

Begin with pressing Esc and observing latest tty messages, if possible.

Pressing Esc didn't work. I enter in another tty session. And enter a startx.

sddm uses qt5, so is the same problem:

If I recompile qt5-styleplugins pamac uninstall manjaro-xfce-settings.

Forum kindly sponsored by