[Unstable Update] 2019-01-13 - Kernels, Cinnamon, Systemd, Readline, KDE Frameworks, Python

unstable
update

That was never my intention, sorry.

startpage search now for HHGTTG :smiley:
bd98cd9b29e57a8179011a2d7f5e5558

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

start with T :smiley:

1 Like

Flatpak is currently not working with apps like steam which require the nvidia blob because they didn’t update the driver to 415-27 yet. I reported it and it should be fixed soon according to the reply.

Is fixed now.

Well, not really, but I do get your gist.

Being predominantly based on inherited Arch stable packages it is still a very stable branch, but if you are going to experience any issues then unstable is more likely than other branches.

Manjaro maintaining systemd separately from Arch now has meant unstable is a bit more “wild west”, especially since 240 release has been buggy and sub par, but the unstable moniker is a bit of a misnomer.

It is certainly no Debian Experimental.

2 Likes

I’ve uploaded a LightDM package with a patch from archlinux32. The patch fixes a LightDM segfault on arch32/manjaro32 systems, as well as apparently making LightDM more stable on Ubuntu 18.04.

2 Likes
Out-of-memory with lightdm-1:1.28.0-1.1 and webkit greeter

On my unstable laptop, I had systemd
Version : 240.275-2
After dropping down to a TTY and:

$ sudo pacman -Syyu
systemctl reboot

I now have
Version : 241rc1-1

And all is well, thanks. However, I should note that my unstable laptop did not have problems with the previous systemd upgrades using:
$ sudo pacman -Syyu
sometimes even from the konsole instead of the TTY.

Kinfocenter reports:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.14.5
Qt Version: 5.12.0
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.54.0
Kernel Version: 4.19.16-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
Memory: 3.6 GiB of RAM

[Unstable Update] 2019-01-26 - Systemd, Kernels, Browsers, CertBot, Deepin, Wine
closed #47

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.