[Unstable Update] 2019-01-11 - Kernels, KDE, Deepin, VirtualBox, Vulkan, Firefox, Systemd

unstable
update

Hi community,

Welcome to our third unstable update of 2019 worth of one week of work. So what do we have with this one?

• Firefox is now at its nineth beta release of v65 series
  • regular Firefox is now at 64.0.2
  • KDE Plasma is now at 5.14.5
  • KDE Apps is now at 18.12.1
  • VirtualBox got several fixes
  • we updated some of our XFCE packages
  • we updated most of our Deepin packages
  • certbot got updated to 0.30.0
  • our vulkan-stack got mostly updated
  • even more git commits added to systemd
  • all the regular haskell and python updates

We hope with all these changes Manjaro to be more efficient for you all.

FOSDEM19

Some of our core developers will join PINE64 Inc. at FOSDEM19 in Brussels. We will establish an even more closer relationship with this ARM based company. Also we are looking forward to see your reactions on the big announcement PINE64 Inc. will do at FOSDEM19. Stay tuned for any upcoming news.

Partnership with FCS Linux Aarhus

We are happy to announce a new partnership with FCS Linux Aarhus owned by @fhdk. This enables us to offer you Laptops with Manjaro pre-installed and Manjaro Stickers you can use on your own hardware or gift them to a friend. For each sale FCS will donate a percentage to the Manjaro project.

Manjaro v18.0.2 released!

To end the year with a high note we updated our flagship ISOs of Manjaro Illyria with the latest packages. It comes with refreshed packages and updated tools. You may want to download our XFCE Edition with the latest 4.13 packages, aswell as our most recent styling efforts. Our KDE fans may try our KDE Edition with the latest KDE v5.14 instead. And our GNOME fans may try our Gnome Edition with the latest GNOME v3.30.

Current supported Kernels

• linux316 3.16.62
  • linux318 3.18.131 [EOL]
  • linux44 4.4.167
  • linux49 4.9.149
  • linux414 4.14.92
  • linux417 4.17.19 [EOL]
  • linux418 4.18.20 [EOL]
  • linux419 4.19.14
  • linux420 4.20.1
  • linux414-rt 4.14.87_rt49
  • linux416-rt 4.16.18_rt11
  • linux418-rt 4.18.16_rt9

Package Updates (Fri Jan 11 21:07:41 CET 2019)

A detailed list of all changes made can be found here.

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

@philm
I just built and uploaded my build of firefox-kde-opensuse to version 64.0.2 yesterday. This package is now built using the same compilers and build options as the regular version as well.

You can pull it from here if you haven’t already:
http://arch.netrunner.com/netrunner-testing/x86_64/firefox-kde-opensuse-64.0.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Note: I may be changing the file name to firefox-plasmazilla on my next build since I’m no longer following Thaodan’s pakaging from the UAR. However, this name is not set in stone, if anyone has any other suggestions, please PM me.

hope those bugs in virtualbox are fixed :wink: and will work on my machine too

I am not sure which bugs you mean, but one recent one was around Icons just below the menu bar. I see them now:

not that, mine just doesnt start, nothing urgent as i dont need it right now