[Unstable Update] 2018-08-06 - Kernels, Python 3.7, Perl 5.28, LibreOffice

unstable
update

Flameshot is an alternative you could consider. @LucyDemoon, Thunderbird 60 isn’t is the arch repos yet, so we’ll have to wait, I guess.

@Berneri - Interesting, hadn’t heard of that one before. Only difference is that Shutter allows you to do annotations as well as screenshots which makes it useful sometimes, as far as I can tell from github Flameshot doesn’t offer that function.
I will wait and see if a new version of Shutter appears, but thanks anyway.

Edit: I was wrong, I had a play with Flameshot and it does do annotations - not as good as Shutter, but it has them just the same, they ought to mention that on github maybe more people would use it!

Just finished the update on KDE Plasma. No issues that I can find on my system.

Hi, I’m having a problem with powerpill after recently updating. This might have to do with the recent update to python 3.7

/usr/bin/python3: No module named Powerpill

Calamares seems to need a rebuild also because I get an error when launching it from my fresh ISO built against unstable:

[manjaro@manjaro-awesome ~]$ calamares_polkit 
/usr/bin/calamares: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.6m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Manjaro does not support AUR packages. You have to take this up with the package maintainer.

My mistake. Powerpill is in the Manjaro repos. I only checked for Arch packages.

powerpill is in the community repos :wink:

I have patched powerpill to work on Manjaro :wink:… I m not able to do this now… Wait after 13/8 (when come back to my pc) or @philm and @oberon can look into it… :grin:

@Ste74: well I’ve to see. Seems more dependencies than one package for powerpill …

Yep… I forgot to upload on gitlab the package build tree… My fault ( i will do it)… Also in package build if i remember you need to change the folder for python release (only for powerpill)

Python packages in Community

phil@development ~/dev/git/manjaro/repositories/stable-repos/community $ grep python */PKGBUILD | grep -v python2 | cut -d/ -f1 | uniq
alternating-layouts
audacious-gtk3
audacious-plugins-gtk3
budgie-extras
compare-mirrors
compiz-manjaro
deluge
dockbarx
econnman
gimp-devel
gimp-gtk3
jade-dashboard-git
kmozillahelper
lightdm-settings
menulibre
ms-office-online
mugshot
nautilus-admin
networkmanager-dmenu
ob-autostart
ocrdesktop
pkgbrowser
pmenu
pocketsphinx
pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa
python-efl
python-jade-application-kit
python-npyscreen
python-svgwrite
python-tesserwrap
python-xapp
sddm-classic
slack-online
snapd-git
snapd
snapper-gui
sphinxbase
terminus-font
tintwizard
transifex-client
udiskie
webdad-webapps-git
xapps
xdgmenumaker
xfce4-dockbarx-plugin
phil@development ~/dev/git/manjaro/repositories/stable-repos/community $ grep python */*/PKGBUILD | grep -v python2 | cut -d/ -f2 | uniq
cinnamon
deepin-desktop-base
mate-tweak
pm2ml
powerpill
python3-memoizedb
python3-xcgf
python3-xcpf

Python packages Extra

phil@development ~/dev/git/manjaro/repositories/stable-repos/extra $ grep python */*/PKGBUILD | grep -v python2 | cut -d/ -f2 | uniq
a
xfce4-notifyd-gtk3
xfce4-power-manager-gtk3
phil@development ~/dev/git/manjaro/repositories/stable-repos/extra $ grep python */PKGBUILD | grep -v python2 | cut -d/ -f1 | uniq
calamares-git
calamares
cups-filters-driverless
gst-plugins-good
kinfocenter
kpmcore-dev
kpmcore
libglvnd
libinput-git
manjaro-features-dev
manjaro-features-pre
manjaro-hello
manjaro-printer
partitionmanager-dev
python-pykwalify
python-pyparted
pythonqt
samba
thus-dev
thus

Today 1,400 MB update, new language pack, but Manjaro Setting do not work/open, neither in the menu bar nor under Settings

My fold? Due to my installation problems at that first time?

1. Software-Aktualisierungen
  2. Software hinzufügen/entfernen
  3. Software hinzufügen/entfernen
    1.-3. all Pamac 6.5.0-1

manjaro-settings-manager: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.61 needs a rebuild for icu update in unstable.

manjaro-settings-manager

Go again, thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Gnome Themes
Manjaro GNOME version 17.1.11: Settings Manager "disappeared"

I dont know what is happening but with the latest updates all my AUDIO is a mess.
I mean everywhere I play Video with Audio is a mess with massive lag/noise/crackling etc.

I am using kernel 4.18rc8

glibc 2.28-2, currently in Arch testing, seems to fix the issue with prebuilt electron apps. Skypeforlinux runs fine for me with 2.28-2.

$ manjaro-settings-manager
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
error: failed to get installed kernels
QProcess: Destroyed while process (“pacman”) is still running.
Shutting down Manjaro Settings Manager…

➜  ~ uname -r           
4.18.0-1-MANJARO

Destroyed while process (“pacman”) is still running.

With Kernel 4.17 everything works fine :slight_smile: