[Unstable Update] 2018-08-06 - Kernels, Python 3.7, Perl 5.28, LibreOffice

unstable
update

Hi community,

Wow, what is this? Welcome to another unstable update. Yeah, I found some time to announce some here. Feel free to report issues!

• we updated again some of our kernels
  • also we pushed our rebuilds for python 3.7 and perl 5.28. There might be still packages needed to be rebuilt. Please report any issues with this.
  • LibreOffice got updated to 6.0.6

We hope with all these changes Manjaro to be more efficient for you all.

Currently we are working on a new Manjaro-Hardware project, the Bladebook Fall 2018. It will be powered by Manjaro KDE v18.0 and the latest Intel Apollo Lake Quad-Core HD APU. Having a fanless metal material (cassis either silver or gold-rose) and eMMC as storage (additional M2-SSD possible), it will have a long battery life. Find out more on our hardware page.

If you are curious about the latest state of development for the upcoming Manjaro-Illyria 18.0 release, you now have the opportunity to download a beta-build of Manjaro-Xfce 18.0 including the latest xfce-gtk3 packages aswell as our most recent styling efforts. Our KDE fans may try our beta-build with the latest KDE v5.13 instead. And our GNOME fans may try our beta-build with the latest GNOME v3.28.

Latest information about the intel-cpu-bug risk and our efforts can be found here.

Current supported Kernels

• linux316 3.16.57
  • linux318 3.18.117 [EOL]
  • linux41 4.1.52 [EOL]
  • linux44 4.4.146
  • linux49 4.9.118
  • linux414 4.14.61
  • linux415 4.15.18 [EOL]
  • linux416 4.16.18 [EOL]
  • linux417 4.17.13
  • linux418 4.18-rc7
  • linux414-rt 4.14.52_rt34
  • linux416-rt 4.16.18_rt11

Package Updates (Mon Aug 6 16:54:34 CEST 2018)

A detailed list may be found here.

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

Ready for Testing ?!?

• We are ready to move this to our testing branch
  • I still see some issues (post about them)

0 voters

Known issues and solutions

Something using Perl/Python/glibc broke

Rebuilds needed! If it’s an AUR package, rebuild it. If it’s a repo package, check back regularly for rebuilds.

Xfce all together 144 update files :slight_smile: , smooth, thx :slight_smile:
4.18.0-1-MANJARO

LibreOffice still 5.4.7-3
LibreOffice fresh 6.0.6-1 ok :slight_smile:

[Unstable Update] 2018-08-06 - Kernels, Python 3.7, Perl 5.28, LibreOffice

On KDE I had around 262 packages!

The only problem I had was with caffeine-ng from AUR and as far as I remember to solve this problem I had to reinstall python-ewmh from AUR and it worked.

The glibc update to 2.28 causes skypeforlinux to segfault (skypeforlinux-preview also). It’s already been reported in the Skype forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skype_linux-skype_startms-skype_installms/segfault-after-system-upgrade/12b4e250-68a5-40c4-aaad-c986023b7699

I suppose there’s no fixing it until MS rebuilds skypeforlinux…

EDIT: The PKGBUILD for skypeforlinux in AUR has been edited to include its own glibc 2.27 (until the problem is fixed), so it just needs to be rebuilt. Nice!

Well, the web-application is included in our ms-office-online package. Give it a try.

Compiz Settings gone.
Compiz Config doesn’t open anymore. (XFCE)

This?

Yes

Compiz GTK decorator theme is opening.
CompizConfig Setting does not.

Working on it :wink:

That was quick. Everythings working again. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. But it looks like maybe something needs a rebuild, due to the python update?

$ ms-skype
Ops something went wrong: No module named 'j'
./ms-skype-online:10: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk, WebKit2, GLib
./ms-skype-online:10: PyGIWarning: WebKit2 was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('WebKit2', '4.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk, WebKit2, GLib
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./ms-skype-online", line 18, in <module>
    class OfficeWindow(AppWindow):
NameError: name 'AppWindow' is not defined

@philm sound works on the new 418 series kernel (after I remembered to remove it from IgnorePkg :blush: ).

So far so good. Update went smoothly, system boots, bumblebee works, on a quick glance all works well. Will post here if I discover any issue.

I had to uninstall pkgbrowser due to dependency python<3.7. Otherwise all appears ok. Not a big deal, since I rarely use it.

Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

Theres been problem with perl-gtk2-unique conflicting with newest version of perl - removing perl-gtk2-unique, updating and installing unique then solved the case.

Sorry, this is an AUR package.

Everything running smooth on my gnome desktop!

I had the same issue as Soulforged above. Also same solution (but needed nodeps to remove).

Thanks for posting that.

viking

PS. Sadly the dependency of perl-gtk2-unique (shutter) now no longer works, I will have to give it some time I guess.

Thunderbird 60 ?
btw how much RAm has the Bladebook?
Intel Atom x7 E3950 or x5 E3940