[Unstable Update] 2017-01-07 - Python, Mesa

unstable
update

caffeine-ng was not working so I had to

sudo pacman -S python-docopt python-setproctitle python-wheel python-xlib && yaourt -S python-ewmh caffeine-ng

I have couple/ten questions :wink:

1 - How did you reinstall them, with pip?
2 - Were they originally installed through pip?

The reason I’m asking is because I have installed several python packages with pip. And last question:

3 - Is it OK to use pip to install python modules in Manjaro?

If I remember correctly, there were few I couldn’t install any other way, so i decided to just start using pip for all. Now I’m wondering if I got myself into trouble. Again… :slight_smile:

They were installed with pip before. After the update i was told by the app i develop that i lack pyqt5(10000% was installed, i was working with it for months) so i found that all 3rd party packages that i installed before (in my original post) are not installed. So i used sudo pip install <something> and thats it. I dont have any problems with pip what so ever. I guess its ok :slight_smile:

Great. And thank you for bravely trying it out for the rest of us :wink:

I fear no evil!

Menulibre (from community repository) didn’t launch:

└──╼ menulibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/menulibre", line 40, in <module>
    import menulibre
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'menulibre'

So I took and placed menulibre python libraries from /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages to /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages and now launch normally.

@oberon or someone else could you fix it (so after the installation of menulibre python libraries to go to the right place?)

Menulibre crashes in Xfce

Yes, thank you. We have to rebuild it. Happening right now :wink:

@oberon and Manjaro Team members
I just want to draw attention what there are updates of kernels and other packages as a user of Arch Linux, I can say that. And yes I use stable Manjaro as main system. :wink:

I have warning after upgrading mariadb:
Different permissions for /var/lib/mysql
file system 755, package 700
Is it all right or i have to change something?

Thank you. Not to worry! Philip is preparing the updates already :slight_smile:

Bumping kernels/packages is sometimes little delayed in Manjaro.

The change in folder permission seems to be intentional by the Arch maintainer,
So I suggest you mirror that and make the permissions for your existing mysql directory equally restrictive.
Like that you will not see the warning again with future updates:
sudo chmod 700 /var/lib/mysql

I’m testing upgrades the Manjaro in the repositories testing and unstable.
Using release 17.0-dev Mate and XFCE of the system in my virtual machine.
I am very calm and tranquil. :wink:

It took until the launch of kernel 4.9.2 today.
Was released on the day 6th of january the 4.9.1. :joy:

4.9.2 finally fixed my Firmware Bugs

4.10rc3 still running great, too

Tested as well the kernel 4.10rc3 and is running fine but is missing the virtualbox host & guest modules so is not suitable for my daily use yet…

There had been a problem here but it was resolved, it was nothing serious. :smiley:

Seems Greg is busy on pushing out point-releases. However I won’t be able to update them soon. v4.4.42 and v4.9.3 or later releases have to wait as I’m on vacation now. On the 12th I’m flying over to the States. Will be back in Bavaria by end of January. Going for a cruise in the Caribbean. So my commits tomorrow will be the last for a while. However the team will continue, until I’m back :wink: