[Unstable Update] 2017-01-07 - Python, Mesa

unstable
update

Issue was in another package: freetype2

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=221644

I using infinality… :stuck_out_tongue:

Unable to start Plasma session after last update

Update. I just blacklisted package harfbuzz and made full upgrade to unstable branch aaand ALL went fine. Plasma 5 working and KF5 not need rebuild.

@oberon
@Kirek

so,

IF you using Infinality Bundle Fonts from external repository, blacklist harfbuzz package against incompatibility with freetype2 infinality patched version…

KF5 rebuild is not needed at all.

Again … this infinality :triumph: :grin:

Oh, I was already at number 29… :smile:

WHY you so hurry? Unstable = investigate = debugging. :smiling_imp:

Related https://github.com/bohoomil/fontconfig-ultimate/issues/171

I was joking! :rolling_eyes:

I got the following error:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
python2-setuptools: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.pyc exists in filesystem
python2-setuptools: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/extern/init.pyc exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

ahh nice catch , I am also using infinality fonts and got that error…
So I jumped to testing repo after the crash.
Is there going to be a fix until it arrives to testing repo or we will have to blacklist harfbuzz package?
Thanks!

as usual all is working well on Xfce with this update

The only issues I have are some packages I built from AUR. Rebuilding some now.

That mesa release is awesome!

• minecraft
  • desktop
  • chrome-webgl
    on amdgpu-experimental works now without graphical glitches, even with prime. Thanks!

http://helloracer.com/webgl/ love! :stuck_out_tongue:

[REDDIT] PSA: Rebuild all AUR packages providing Python libraries for Python 3.6

OK… New Day, New Way.

I purged whole infinality bundle packages with configs and fonts from bohoomil.com repo against incompatibility with freetype2 2.7.1. Next I installed harfbuzz 1.4.1, reboot system aand all is FINE.

@oberon please add proper note about incompatibility Infinality external repo with harfbuzz and freetype2 and instead of using external repo better is customize ONE bash file:

[Unstable Update] 2017-01-01 - Thunderbird, Cinnamon, Broadcom-WL, Ruby, Flightgear, OpenVPN

The speech-dispatcher package from extra has been compiled against python 3.5 instead of 3.6 in unstable and it should be recompiled.

For some reason it is also missing a dependency that is listed in the arch package, libao. PKGBUILD

the update went well but i had to reinstall all my python modules (lxml, requests, xlsxwriter, pyinstaller, bs4, pyqt5, wheel).

I have restored stock fonts

pacman -S --asdeps freetype2 cairo fontconfig

then I edited /etc/profile.d/freetype2.sh
export FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=“truetype:interpreter-version=38”

went back to unstable and did all the updates
rebooted and all good now :slight_smile:

With the update to python-3.6.0-1 i had several packages from AUR that needed rebuilding, which went without issues. However liblouis, which is a dependency for cups-pdf, needs to be rebuilt against python-3.6.0-1 it’s only available in the extra repo, and there is no AUR equivalent.

I would tend not to expect that. The infinality repo seems to be unmaintained since a few months now.

Thank you! Will fix that.