[Unstable Update] 2017-01-07 - Python, Mesa

ahh nice catch , I am also using infinality fonts and got that error…
So I jumped to testing repo after the crash.
Is there going to be a fix until it arrives to testing repo or we will have to blacklist harfbuzz package?
Thanks!

as usual all is working well on Xfce with this update

1 Like

The only issues I have are some packages I built from AUR. Rebuilding some now.

That mesa release is awesome!

• minecraft
  • desktop
  • chrome-webgl
    on amdgpu-experimental works now without graphical glitches, even with prime. Thanks!
3 Likes

http://helloracer.com/webgl/ love! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OK… New Day, New Way.

I purged whole infinality bundle packages with configs and fonts from bohoomil.com repo against incompatibility with freetype2 2.7.1. Next I installed harfbuzz 1.4.1, reboot system aand all is FINE.

@oberon please add proper note about incompatibility Infinality external repo with harfbuzz and freetype2 and instead of using external repo better is customize ONE bash file:

1 Like

The speech-dispatcher package from extra has been compiled against python 3.5 instead of 3.6 in unstable and it should be recompiled.

For some reason it is also missing a dependency that is listed in the arch package, libao. PKGBUILD

the update went well but i had to reinstall all my python modules (lxml, requests, xlsxwriter, pyinstaller, bs4, pyqt5, wheel).

I have restored stock fonts

pacman -S --asdeps freetype2 cairo fontconfig

then I edited /etc/profile.d/freetype2.sh
export FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=“truetype:interpreter-version=38”

went back to unstable and did all the updates
rebooted and all good now :slight_smile:

With the update to python-3.6.0-1 i had several packages from AUR that needed rebuilding, which went without issues. However liblouis, which is a dependency for cups-pdf, needs to be rebuilt against python-3.6.0-1 it’s only available in the extra repo, and there is no AUR equivalent.

I would tend not to expect that. The infinality repo seems to be unmaintained since a few months now.

1 Like

Thank you! Will fix that.

caffeine-ng was not working so I had to

sudo pacman -S python-docopt python-setproctitle python-wheel python-xlib && yaourt -S python-ewmh caffeine-ng

1 Like

I have couple/ten questions :wink:

1 - How did you reinstall them, with pip?
2 - Were they originally installed through pip?

The reason I’m asking is because I have installed several python packages with pip. And last question:

3 - Is it OK to use pip to install python modules in Manjaro?

If I remember correctly, there were few I couldn’t install any other way, so i decided to just start using pip for all. Now I’m wondering if I got myself into trouble. Again… :slight_smile:

They were installed with pip before. After the update i was told by the app i develop that i lack pyqt5(10000% was installed, i was working with it for months) so i found that all 3rd party packages that i installed before (in my original post) are not installed. So i used sudo pip install <something> and thats it. I dont have any problems with pip what so ever. I guess its ok :slight_smile:

Great. And thank you for bravely trying it out for the rest of us :wink:

I fear no evil!

1 Like

Menulibre (from community repository) didn’t launch:

└──╼ menulibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/menulibre", line 40, in <module>
    import menulibre
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'menulibre'

So I took and placed menulibre python libraries from /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages to /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages and now launch normally.

@oberon or someone else could you fix it (so after the installation of menulibre python libraries to go to the right place?)

Yes, thank you. We have to rebuild it. Happening right now :wink:

1 Like

@oberon and Manjaro Team members
I just want to draw attention what there are updates of kernels and other packages as a user of Arch Linux, I can say that. And yes I use stable Manjaro as main system. :wink:

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark