Mesa just got a minor upgrade to 13.0.3 and updated the python packages to 3.6. This involves a pretty big list of updated python libraries.
Please report any problems.
- If you have python libraries installed from the AUR, you may need to update those manually. More information in [REDDIT] PSA: Rebuild all AUR packages providing Python libraries for Python 3.6
- Subpixel rendering effectively triples the horizontal (or vertical) resolution for fonts by making use of subpixels. The default autohinter and subpixel rendering are not designed to work together, hence you will want to enable the subpixel autohinter. Prior to freetype2 2.7, the subpixel hinting mode was configurable with the
FT2_SUBPIXEL_HINTINGenvironment variable. Possible values were 0 (disabled), 1 (Infinality) and 2 (minimal). From freetype2 2.7, subpixel hinting uses upstream’s configuration method, which has a different syntax. Subpixel hinting mode configured in the file /etc/profile.d/freetype2.sh which includes a brief documentation. Possible values are truetype:interpreter-version=35 (classic mode/2.6 default), truetype:interpreter-version=38 (“Infinality” mode), truetype:interpreter-version=40 (minimal mode/2.7 default).
The Manjaro Development Team
Did you experience any issue with this update?
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)