[Unstable Update] 2016-09-02 - Xorg-Stack, Plasma5, Apps, Pamac, Manjaro-Tools

Nice, that means hybrid graphic for intel+amd system in Manjaro is seeing some improvement. Awesome!

Right, so I dared getting rid of my intel driver and exchanged it for catalyst, and lo and behold, it is working fine - no issues with my Intel Atom Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series.
And the funny thing is, that mhwd -li -d now still says

NAME:	video-intel
ATTACHED:	PCI
VERSION:	2016.08.22
INFO:	X.org intel video driver.

Cool! :laughing:

@philm I just wanted to let you know that the networkmanager update from today, Sept. 6, seems to have fixed the previous network related issues. Thanks for the great work!

hmmm.
For me with 1.4.1dev+38+gfe0e507-0 the workaround for the MAC problem during boot is still required.
but otherwise, with or without the workaround my wifi seems to work.
the icon colors are correct. maybe not when no network are connected. but I don’t remember to ever see it before. it black on black.
when the wifi is turned off and there is no ethernet connection the applet icon is red. I was expecting the same for wifi. but I may be wrong.
tested on plasma 5 with Broadcom BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n driver: wl`

I need this on testing as soon as possible

I’m on unstable plasma and apps too, but my wifi tray icon changes when connected with this version of networkmanager, white when connected, green when not. Which theme are you using? I’m using only the default Maia themes as described in the OP. Maybe the theme engine or color scheme you’re using is problematic?

I’m using breeze dark for panels and breeze for widgets. Icons set is breeze. It’s also white when connected and change with signal strength I think. And when not connected the contrast between panel and icon is really bad almost invisible. Before it was like this even connected. So I think the icon problem is solved. Just that when Wi-Fi is off and no Ethernet it’s a red computer. Much more visible

I just had to give this one a try - works perfect! The update to xorg 1.18 finally fixed random Cinnamon crashes I was experiencing in some Steam games.

The update-pack has grown in some packages. Let’s see what other fixes are still in our pipe. We might have some more kernel updates soon. Only showstopper is now the Nvidia driver in series 370.x. We will see when a new stable release will come out. Blender was reported to be broken with it.

Other than that it seems to be real stable again. NetworkManager issues get reported to be mostly solved with current packages. For dbus issues we have now dbus-x11 package you can try out.

Your feedback is really needed to get our next stable update smooth.

How can we test it. Not sure to know.

This weekend I had few times after boot that my desktop freezed after entered my password in ssdm. Soon after entered password or during plasma splash screen. It did not happen since ssdm update. I didn’t tried to solve it. I don’t know if it was ssdm, or xorg 1.18 or something else. It never happens before. And since ssdm update no more too. I keep an eye on that.

sudo pacman -Syyuu                                               :(
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                            137.3 KiB  1248K/s 00:00 [##############################] 100%
 extra                          1983.1 KiB  2.68M/s 00:01 [##############################] 100%
 community                         3.9 MiB  2.69M/s 00:01 [##############################] 100%
 multilib                        188.4 KiB  1519K/s 00:00 [##############################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace akonadi-contact with extra/akonadi-contacts? [Y/n] 
:: Replace grantlee-qt5 with extra/grantlee? [Y/n] 
:: Replace libdbus with core/dbus? [Y/n] 
:: Replace libdbus with core/dbus-x11? [Y/n] 
:: Replace prison-frameworks with extra/prison? [Y/n] 
:: Replace qt5-gstreamer with extra/qt-gstreamer? [Y/n] 
:: Replace quazip-qt5 with extra/quazip? [Y/n] 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
warning: removing 'dbus' from target list because it conflicts with 'dbus-x11'
:: kldap and kio-pim are in conflict. Remove kio-pim? [y/N] 
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: kldap and kio-pim are in conflict

right now if you try to upgrade to unstable from testing. it seems there is no kio-pim anymore.

I’m not sure, as I don’t use any pim stuff. but it seems there was some change in all kde pim stuff in 16.08. and it’s looks like that kio-pim as maybe been integrated in kdepim-runtime as now it conflict with kio-pim. I tried to search more info. but I did not really find it.

are you on unstable with plasma? Can you please run:

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/ldap.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/mbox.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/nntp.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/pop3.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/sieve.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/smtp.so 

für stable/testing this will result in

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/ldap.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/mbox.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/nntp.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/pop3.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/sieve.so /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/smtp.so 
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/ldap.so is owned by kio-pim 16.04.3-1
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/mbox.so is owned by kio-pim 16.04.3-1
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/nntp.so is owned by kio-pim 16.04.3-1
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/pop3.so is owned by kio-pim 16.04.3-1
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/sieve.so is owned by kio-pim 16.04.3-1
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/smtp.so is owned by kio-pim 16.04.3-1

so if it is integrated in some other part the new package should provide it, not only conflict.

Yes I’m on unstable
I will try a little later and report back.
As I told you I dont have pim stuff.
Will Install them and check.
They maybe split all those libs in different package and the provide option isn’t possible

Here is the result you were looking for:
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/ldap.so is owned by kldap 16.08.0-1
error: failed to read file ‘/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/mbox.so’: No such file or directory
error: failed to read file ‘/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/nntp.so’: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/pop3.so is owned by kdepim-runtime 16.08.0-1
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/sieve.so is owned by libksieve 16.08.0-1
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/smtp.so is owned by kmailtransport 16.08.0-1

So it appears that two of the kio slaves from the kio-pm package are no longer available after the update.

Thanks for this update! Replacing dbus with dbus-x11 fixes the issues I was having with Kuser and the couple of other apps that I had previously setup running as root from from the application launcher. Well done!

Just install dbus-x11 and pacman should ask to remove dbus, as they perform similar functions and are in conflict.

it did ask me

1 Like

When will we see AMDGPU/-PRO in Manjaro? Does upgrading to xorg 1.18 make it available for us?

Xsever has nothing to do with the Pro stack. there is only a package for ubuntu available -> https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-GPU-PRO-Linux-Beta-Driver–Release-Notes.aspx and its still Beta. Better to wait until there is a distro independent package available.

Also does anyone know if it would be allowed to distribute the driver?

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark