Unofficial games repository

For reasons we can only speculate about, Arch Linux ARM does not really have any games in their repository.
And by extension, neither does Manjaro ARM.

I don’t want to make our repository go to enourmous size (the games are often 500+ MB each), so I have created a separate repository, just for aarch64 based games.

To add this repository on Manjaro ARM all you have to do is this:

1. Add this to your /etc/pacman.conf file:
[manjaro-arm-games]
SigLevel = Never
Server = https://www.strits.dk/files/manjaro-arm-games/
  1. Run sudo pacman -Syyu to update all your databases, including the new manjaro-arm-games one.
  2. Now you have access to the games in this repository.

Currently the games available in this repository are:

1. OpenArena
  2. Xonotic (did not launch for me)
  3. SuperTuxKart
  4. Warzone 2100
  5. Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart (srb2kart)
  6. Flightgear

If you have more games you want included in the above repository, please submit a working aarch64 PKGBUILD and I will probably include it.

11 Likes

Would like to see 0AD working on the ARM devices, but I guess we need some additional iterations on the mesa drivers before this would be possible…

hmmm when trying to install openarena from your repo it downloads sucessfully, but later give me an error such as…

error: openarena: missing required signature
error: failed to commit transaction (package missing required signature)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Others have reported the same, but I don’t know why, since the signatures where uploaded…

You can always add SigLevel = Never just above the server line, but that’s a workaround, not a fix.

Looking into packaging 0ad.

1 Like

xonotic-glx launches on the pi4 but sound does not work
xonotic-sdk launches on the pi4 and everything works

I should check how openmw works now.

Yeah, I figured it’s because the graphics stack on my Odroid is still a WIP. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sad face );

resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) supertuxkart-1.2-1

Total Download Size:   586.24 MiB
Total Installed Size:  657.13 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
error: failed retrieving file 'supertuxkart-1.2-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst' from www.strits.dk : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)

Update your database. I uploaded an updated package.

Dunno:

sudo pacman -Syyu
:: Synchronising package databases...
 core                                                                                           224.0 KiB  1600 KiB/s 00:00 [###########################################################################] 100%
 extra                                                                                            2.4 MiB  6.05 MiB/s 00:00 [###########################################################################] 100%
 community                                                                                        5.5 MiB  6.64 MiB/s 00:01 [###########################################################################] 100%
 privacyshark                                                                                     9.5 KiB   238 KiB/s 00:00 [###########################################################################] 100%
 privacyshark.sig                                                                               119.0   B  0.00   B/s 00:00 [###########################################################################] 100%
 manjaro-arm-games                                                                             1406.0   B  0.00   B/s 00:00 [###########################################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
sudo pacman -S supertuxkart
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) supertuxkart-1.2-1

Total Download Size:   586.24 MiB
Total Installed Size:  657.13 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
error: failed retrieving file 'supertuxkart-1.2-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst' from www.strits.dk : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)

Try again now.

The repo server, might be slow at “updating” the files it has.

1 Like

Tried. Works now. Thanks.

2 Likes

@Strit what about Widelands (https://www.widelands.org/)? You see I’m more fond of RTS games :wink:

I will look into it.

1 Like

Hi all (I didn’t notice accounts needed to be recreated. Oh, and aparently, I am not allowed to link anymore? Anyway…)

That’s a cool repo! Made it super easy to play a bit of SRB2Kart with the Pine64 community.

For platformer, I would suggest Frogatto (by the Wesnoth authors).

For additionnal strategy games, I would suggest Wesnoth and FreeCiv (← I don’t count how much hours I’ve lost to this one).

Cube has a very simple engine and should work on most ARM board. And due to being extremely optimized (the octree is the map), Sauerbraten - aka Cube2 (and all its derivatives: Red Eclipse, Tesseract) should work on boards where the board has decent modern OpenGL (e.g.: panfrost)

For point’n’click Sierra/LucasArt -styled games: there are several games which have donnated code and assets to ScummVM. This engine is available in Manjaro, so all is needed is “just” adding a few data packs to the unofficial games repo.

1 Like

This is awesome. Thanks!

Leepspvideo’s latest pi news showed it on MX linux repos in raspberry. i don’t have anything to contribute here, but just a compliment: there are a nice number of games now in manjaro kde arm for raspberry. Also there is a “beta fork” (?) version of Box86 to manjaro that i didnt tested yet (if anyone did, please comment), and the pi labs and pi apps guys seems to be aiming on the raspbian 64 now (most aps run in arm32)