Uninstall unlisted application

I want to switch from Albert to Ulauncher. To uninstall Albert, first I try pamac, there the app lists as not installed. Then I look in list generated by “pacman -Qe”, but it is not listed there. I have installed Albert manually… This is first time I will dive in file system to remove the app. Any tips? Thanks in advance…

Found it in:
/usr/bin/albert
/usr/share/albert
/usr/share/applications/albert
/usr/lib/albert

What is the output of pacman -Q | grep albert. It is a AUR package so should be visible by pacman -Qm also.

If you installed it via AUR/PKGBUILD using makepkg manually, it should appear in pacman and pamac. If you did some other type of installation, such as manually copying the files to the locations that you listed, it will not show in pamac or pacman. You will have to reverse whatever you did to “install” it in the first place.
Another way to check, in terminal:

pamac list -e 

Thanks for reply! No output. Found command (find / -xdev -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep -H "albert"), which took a while and a lot of unnecessary lines, but there also was some useful ones:
/usr/bin/albert
/usr/share/albert
/usr/share/applications/albert
/usr/lib/albert

These for deletation!

Thanks! This command will be handy!

@gagarin If pacman is not tracking the file because it did not install it, pacman can not remove it.

See also Pacman#Querying_package_databases and Tips_and_tricks#Identify_files_not_owned_by_any_package.

Have you ever used pip install without --user or make install on the system?

:thinking:

1 Like