Unable to Meet Dependency Relationships

I’m currently experiencing an issue with my system update. When trying to update, I received the following error message:

:: Replacing analitza with extra/analitza5? [Y/n] :: Replacing appstream-qt with extra/appstream-qt5? [Y/n] :: Replacing kdsoap with extra/kdsoap-qt5? [Y/n] :: Replacing kirigami-addons with extra/kirigami-addons5? [Y/n] :: Replacing kquickimageeditor with extra/kquickimageeditor5? [Y/n] :: Replacing kuserfeedback with extra/kuserfeedback5? [Y/n] :: Replacing libkcddb with extra/libkcddb5? [Y/n] :: Replacing libkdcraw with extra/libkdcraw5? [Y/n] :: Replacing libqaccessibilityclient with extra/libqaccessibilityclient-qt5? [Y/n]

Resolving dependencies… Looking for package conflicts… Error: Unable to prepare transaction (unable to meet dependency relationships) :: Installing knotifications5 (5.112.0-1) breaks dependency ‘knotifications’ (telepathy-kde-approver requires it) :: Installing kservice5 (5.112.0-1) breaks dependency ‘kservice’ (telepathy-kde-approver requires it) :: Installing knotifyconfig5 (5.112.0-1) breaks dependency ‘knotifyconfig’ (telepathy-kde-common-internals requires it) :: Installing ktexteditor5 (5.112.0-1) breaks dependency ‘ktexteditor’ (telepathy-kde-common-internals requires it) :: Installing kpeople5 (5.112.0-1) breaks dependency ‘kpeople’ (telepathy-kde-common-internals requires it) :: Installing krunner5 (5.112.0-1) breaks dependency ‘krunner’ (telepathy-kde-contact-runner requires it) :: Installing kidletime5 (5.112.0-1) breaks dependency ‘kidletime’ (telepathy-kde-integration-module requires it) :: Installing kactivities5 (5.112.0-1) breaks dependency ‘kactivities’ (telepathy-kde-integration-module requires it)

I’m not sure how to resolve these dependency conflicts. Can anyone offer some guidance or assistance? Thank you in advance!

Unsupported packages. Remove them.

https://packages.manjaro.org/?query=telepathy

Like here

And here

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :vulcan_salute:

sudo pacman -R telepathy-kde-integration-module telepathy-kde-contact-runner telepathy-common-internals telepathy-kde-approver
sudo pacman -Syu

You can reinstall the telepathy packages again later if you want. Most likely they are AUR packages.

Nope… they dont exist in repos or the aur.

Then I guess they must have been dropped from the AUR a while ago. :man_shrugging:

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice! When I tried to remove those conflicting deprecated packages, I found out they were being depended upon by other packages. I attempted to remove them all at once and it worked. Now the update has been successful. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice! When I tried to remove those conflicting deprecated packages, I found out they were being depended upon by other packages. I attempted to remove them all at once and it worked. Now the update has been successful. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks again!

sudo pacman -Rns telepathy-kde-common-internals telepathy-kde-contact-runner telepathy-kde-integration-module telepathy-kde-auth-handler telepathy-kde-call-ui telepathy-kde-contact-list telepathy-kde-desktop-applets telepathy-kde-filetransfer-handler telepathy-kde-send-file  telepathy-kde-text-ui

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.