Unable to load live USB

Okay, first things first. I am a noob. I used linux mint and a couple other distros earlier, but I don’t really know much of the technical aspect.

So, I used to have win 10 and linux mint dual boot. My video card burnt out playing a game (came to know later) and got me in a BSOD loop. I took opinions from some people on different forums and deleted all partitions and fresh installed windows 10.

I wanted to use manjaro this time so I made a live USB with Rufus and when I try to boot from the live USB it triggers grub rescue.

I had a look at different forums and tried the “ls” command which shows (hd0) (hd1) (cd0)

Attempting “ls” with each of these shows “Unknown file system” error.
I tried “set prefix” and “root” to (hd0) and then “insmod normal” which again shows “unknown file system”
I rebooted win 10 to command prompt and used “fixmbr” and “fixboot” commands, but still no luck.

This might help.

1 Like

You sir are an angel. Replying with firefox on livebooted manjaro KDE. Many many thanks, I really appreciate your help and time. :slight_smile:

29 posts were split to a new topic: No Manjaro UEFI boot entry after installation, boots directly to Windows

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by