Unable to launch a site from in-game to external browser

This looks to be an XFCE problem. I’m running Dungeons & Dragons Online installed via Steam and while trying to open the store, I get this from the terminal.

Failed to call portal: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: No such interface ?org.freedesktop.portal.OpenURI? on object at path /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop>

This used to work well in the last version of XFCE, I believe I am running 4.16. Not sure what’s changed and how to fix it.

Have you set a preferred web browser?
https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/exo/preferred-applications

I do. It’s currently set to use Chromium.

Just to add, I saw an update for Proton to 6.3-1 and ran the game via Steam using Runtime. Still getting the same message.

Failed to call portal: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: No such interface ?org.freedesktop.portal.OpenURI? on object at path /org/freedesktop/portal/desktop>

I’m unsure if this is a bug or is there a config I need to do.

A new Proton update came out and still getting the same thing.

Can anyone explain what the error means?

The error has nothing to do with Steam or Proton.

I get that. I just can’t say if it’s a bug or something that I can configure.

I’m not familiar with this specific error but a quick google tends to point to xdg-desktop-portal packages.

I just got and update and Steam API v020 and Steam package version 1618256785 now allows the DDO Store to launch in the default browser.

Apparently, it’s a Steam client update that fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.