Unable to boot into Manjaro after installation(Dual Windows)

Hi everyone,

I just installed Manjaro with a dual windows set up. After the installation, I didn’t see the boot Manjaro option in my BIOS settings(Only Windows boot manager). After did some research, I get into Manjaro using the live CD, and check my partition in terminal. Here is the output:

[manjaro manjaro]# parted -l
Model: Seagate BUP Slim (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 1000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
 2      2880MB  2884MB  4194kB  primary               esp

Model: WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0 (nvme)
Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 1000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    File system     Name                          Flags
 1      1049kB  106MB   105MB   fat32           EFI system partition          boot, esp
 2      106MB   123MB   16.8MB                  Microsoft reserved partition  msftres
 3      123MB   580GB   580GB   ntfs            Basic data partition          msftdata
 4      580GB   994GB   414GB   ext4
 5      994GB   994GB   524MB   fat32                                         legacy_boot, msftdata
 6      994GB   1000GB  5774MB  linux-swap(v1)                                swap

I have no idea what’s wrong here. Can someone help me?

If that is the efi partition for Manjaro:

then the flag is wrong. It have to be boot, esp like:

Change it in gparted for example. Then your UEFI should find it.

That solved my problem, thanks man.
But one weird thing is when I manually set up the partition in the installation process, there is no option to choose flag ‘esp’ for my fat32 partition. So I had to choose ‘bios_grub’ and ‘boot’. And even after that when I check the actually flag using gparted, it still shows ‘msftdata’ and ‘legacy_boot’. Install manjaro first, then correct flag using gparted finally solved this issue.

Just choose boot, it has the same meaning as esp. Both names have the same function. boot, esp is just there to be clear, that esp OR boot is meant, since both are the same.

bios_grub is the flag for a partition which is used on a BIOS Setup with a GPT partition table. So that grub writes the “MBR” to that partition, since GPT does not support it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.