Unable to boot after update 2022/02

Hello Everyone,

I started an update over the weekend but walked away without plugging in my laptop. Forgot all about until I wanted to use it today. I am unble to boot into Manjaro and I found this thread on the forum. However, the steps are not working for me. I copy the results here since I don’t really know what I’m doing.

I get the following error when I run manjaro-chroot -a Here are the results from Konsol

[manjaro@manjaro ~]$ sudo su -
[manjaro ~]# manjaro-chroot -a
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map.
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map.
==> Mounting (ManjaroLinux) [/dev/sda1]
→ mount: [/mnt]

I found the instructions here: Laptop Died While Updating, Now Unable to Boot - #2 by Aragorn

What am I doing wrong?

That error message is quite commonly caused by chroot'ing from the live USB/CD/DVD booted in legacy BIOS mode for repairing an installation of a system that normally boots in native UEFI boot.

Check your UEFI settings. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response.

I checked the bios and UEFI is disabled. I reboot the USB using UEFI but got the same error. Is there some where I need to change? Maybe my USB install isn’t working right?

I tried different setting in bios but I can’t get it to work. End up backing up my files from bootable usb and reinstall manjaro.