uMatrix help please

The only way to improve that is to use lower quality videos…
Because you can’t completely read a book without having all pages can you, neither can a computer show you a video without all the data of that video…

1 Like

Yep i get that thanks for your help much appreciated .movie time .Cheers.

I’ll remember this explanation for future use. It’s absolutely brilliant, thanks!

2 Likes

Update seems to load faster .Watched a movie last night in 720p and it just kept playing .so i think that the few firefox you tube add ons i installed and Decentraleyes have done the job .But i would like you to help me block other content that is not required for the proper operation of YouTube…

uhm…
what extensions all do you have installed?

1 Like

Study this wiki:

1 Like

You Tube control center,ublock origin,Decentreyes,

Thanks but i cant see were net requests is

Hmm not sure what ive done now youtube wont load .

i just disabled umatrix it seems to be working now .@trimoon please

You should use either ublock Origin OR uMatrix, not both at same time because they will interfere with each other…
As you know i prefer uMatrix because it gives you more control :wink:
(eg. finegrained control of cookies, images, media, scripts, frames etc etc)

You should start by studing some info at the link @tuxmanjarino gave above in reply 14.
Once you get familiar with how uMatrix works we can start discussing what to block or allow etc :wink:

PS: Keep in mind my local time which is shown when you click my avatar, im human with real life also :wink:

1 Like

Ok that makes seance now .I will learn more about uMatrix from @tuxmanjarino .And yes i know we all have normal lives to i dont expect an immediate reply Thankyou for helping.Just a question for now is it safe to just not tinker with umatrix and just let it run in the background.?

Oh ive only got one eye so its hard for me to read very much i need a magnifier glass to see the konsole lol.i have found some great videos on umatrix tutorials.Thanks everyone for taking the time to guide me .

Yes the default settings should not interfere with anything IIRC…

1 Like

Fantastic i seem to get a problem when i enable it youtube videos stop i havnt changed any settings and i only have umatrix enabled.

Can you try to post a screenshot of what is displayed when you click the uMatrix icon in your browser?

1 Like

Its all good thanks i worked out scripts were red .must have clicked on it by mistake .thanks again .

So im ready now to learn how i can speed up Youtube by blocking some addresses .I am just not sure how to do it if i block scripts in youtube i break the site.

For that you need to provide a link to the video you watch plus:

1 Like