I can't ever use REISUB (SysRq)

I cant use SysRq + REISUB to reboot when my system freezes. (It freezes often, but that may be another issue). When i try SysRq + REISUB i get from journalctl -f:

Jan 26 18:54:23 oliver-ms7d78 kernel: sysrq: This sysrq operation is disabled.
Jan 26 18:54:25 oliver-ms7d78 kernel: sysrq: This sysrq operation is disabled.
Jan 26 18:54:26 oliver-ms7d78 kernel: sysrq: This sysrq operation is disabled.
Jan 26 18:54:27 oliver-ms7d78 kernel: sysrq: Emergency Sync
Jan 26 18:54:27 oliver-ms7d78 kernel: Emergency Sync complete
Jan 26 18:54:29 oliver-ms7d78 kernel: sysrq: This sysrq operation is disabled.
Jan 26 18:54:31 oliver-ms7d78 kernel: sysrq: This sysrq operation is disabled.

i cant change /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq (not the right, even with sudo). i use 6.4.6-3-rt8-MANJARO

has anyone an idea? I’m rather new to manjaro (1 year) and loved it so far (until the freezes started happening). I would not like to search for a new distro…

First one would be to use a supported kernel. (Instead of 6 months old RT one.)

EDIT:

Additional SysRq info: Keyboard shortcuts - ArchWiki

1 Like

I only made this to activate:

echo kernel.sysrq=1 | sudo tee --append /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf

Reboot and then I can use REISUB pressing at the same time Alt+SysRQ+R, E, I, etc.

2 Likes

I changed to 6.6.10-1-MANJARO (via Manjaro Settings Manager) and tried echo kernel.sysrq=1 | sudo tee --append /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf

now i can kill the pc with SysRq+REISUB but it did not boot two times. It started at the third try…

while booting there was a message about that something was not found for a very short time…

(update: everything stable so far. I would like to check both your answers with “Solution” but i can check only one answer… thank your very much!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.