Two issues with manjaro

Hello
1st issue
Whenver I boot the boot hangs but only when I dont press esc at the beginning.So only the boot screen hangs wheres manjaro logo and 3 dots.(thats fine I can just disable the boot screen)

2nd issue
I cannot change screen resolution.Only the default works.When I change to something else screen goes black.So after like 15 sec or so it goes back to default because theres 2 options “keep or restore previous” and also pressing esc will get to previous.
It seems to works and even the log shows that the resolution was applied but screen stays black

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.
  1. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
sudo inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

Have you already :mag: for your problem in the forum ? (Wisdom lies in asking → listening → reading :wink: )

Hi @alvarid, and welcome!

I assure you that it’s not hanging. We’re just impatient to see something, but it’s starting. The proof is that it appears wheen you press the Esc key.

If you want to change it, when the system has finished starting, edit the grub config to change the hidden parameter:

Open the config, using your preferred editor, with sudo so you can change it. I use micro, but feel free to use the one you wish:

sudo micro /etc/default/grub

Change the line:

GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden

…to:

GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=menu

Save and exit. Now it’s time to update grub. In the terminal, run:

sudo update-grub

Hold your thumbs, do a little dance, for good luck, and reboot. You sh0ould see grub now.

More info:

Regarding:

Please open another thread regarding this, following these guidelines:

Please also note and heed: Forum Rules - Manjaro

Hope you manage!

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

To provide terminal output, copy the text you wish to share, and paste it here, surrounded by three (3) backticks, a.k.a grave accents. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Portaest sed
elementum
cursus nisl nisi
hendrerit ac quis
sit
adipiscing
tortor sit leo commodo.

Instead of like this:

Portaest sed elementum cursus nisl nisi hendrerit ac quis sit adipiscing tortor sit leo commodo.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby improving legibility and making it much easier for those trying to be of assistance.

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

I installed kernel 5.x and the resolution change works fine but not with 6.x kernel and i also tried with endeavour os same thing does not work with kernel 6.x. Im not getting any unusual logs, the screen just stays black.

Edit
now on Kernel 6.1.53-1 and the resolution change works fine.
anything above that wont let me change.