Tweaks not launching

With a freshly created user, after conda init zsh, I see the problem in Terminal, not in Activities. I must have messed something in Gnome configuration.

I found it today. The problem was lying in ~/ .bashrc created by conda init.

Since I don’t use bash, I just had to remove .bashrc. To clean a cluttered .bashrc, something like conda init --reverse may help. conda has no man page…

This proves that Gnome shell reads .bashrc, which I was not aware of, and looks weird to me. Gnome shell configuration files are scattered and changing over the years. This does not help.

As zsh is now Terminal defaut shell, the problem can be avoided in the first place when installing conda, by doing conda init zsh, not conda init.

The Manjaro installer only installs Conda system files. Conda installation requires some user configuration steps, which are error prone.

.bashrc is one of the most common configuration files I could think of.
Though … it may be a bit odd if its being read when you dont use bash.
(maybe this is like plasma … where the login shell and the interactive shell are different?)
(( only because zsh was implemented, but that causes errors, so the login shell must remain bash, with zsh applied via konsole profiles ))

Exactly, that is what caught me.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.