Trying to update winetricks, getting hit with unsatisfied dependencies, and some other messages urging an update

I like to do so small game modding, open modding programs with wine windows program loader in the past and worked just fine. Didn’t need it for a while until today, and it won’t open. Decide to update,but I’m hit with

failure to prepare transaction

could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing kpeople breaks dependency ‘kpeople’ required by kpeoplevcard
  • removing kcontacts breaks dependency ‘kcontacts’ required by kpeoplevcard
  • removing kxmlgui breaks dependency ‘kxmlgui’ required by libkipi
  • removing kservice breaks dependency ‘kservice’ required by libkipi

this also appears when i try to update system, Any idea, cuz the first are of kdeconnect, not sure of the last 2, it’s been a while since i had to do stuff like this, any help is welcomed.

I would remove libkipi by

sudo pacman -Rsn libkipi

Then try

sudo pacman -Syuu
1 Like

after doing the last konsole input, the final message i get is “Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.”

Please, post complete output of the command.

1 Like

ok, but i decided to repeat the command on kpeoplevcard as such

sudo pacman -Rsn kpeoplevcard

and a system update occurred with no dumps, I think the solution was to remove the dependencies. i also don’t know what you mean by complete output, because it was a massive output.

Complete out put does mean “all of it” :wink:

In most cases the error-message in the output suggests the solution.
And if we do read it carefully, the solution can realy be easy :wink:

For massive output there are some tricks in formatting it:

• To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

:footprints:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.